• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch line possibly getting shut down (rumor)

Rumor has it that Oakley (i.e., Luxotica) wants to emphasize clothing over everything else. Not sure about time frame. Also, Oakley will be opening a bunch of stores the next few years.

Kinda makes me wonder if the collectors events they held was a "last hurrah" of sorts.
Obviously Lux is in business to make money, so killing the brand would just be stupid. I'm sure Oakley will be around for decades to come. Whether or not it can continue to be a brand that warrants collection remains to be seen.

Well, now you can double your prices for selling watches on Ebay and put RARE at the end of listing titles

I was wondering about that - if watches being discontinued would jack up their resell price, since now they typically go for below MSRP.

But even now, there are a number of discontinued models, and they still typically sell for less than MSRP; why would it be different for the rest of them? Because there'd no longer be an option for a new one?

I was wondering about that - if watches being discontinued would jack up their resell price, since now they typically go for below MSRP.

But even now, there are a number of discontinued models, and they still typically sell for less than MSRP; why would it be different for the rest of them? Because there'd no longer be an option for a new one?
Watch people know the value of the movements Oakley uses, and tend to not want to over pay for what they feel is a fancy case with any average movement. I don't see that changing just because they are harder to find.

I think the reason people don't mind paying top dollar for Oakley optics is that it's well documented they are superior to most other options, justifying a premium price point long after being discontinued.

That's just the difference in being the leader in a space vs an afterthought in another.

Back