• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch Prices Increasing!

true bit if u think how many pair the watches equal...Yeah i guess if its worth it to someone then why not...u are right

the piper said:
Who pays over a grand for a watch...other than military/pd/fd who may need them...

MOST people who buy good watches. The majority of watch brands that are considered high quality by watch connoisseurs would be we over a thousand dollars..

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sorry I guess u are right Having been brought up on pretty sparse $ ...Its just a whole different mindset for me....EDIT oops I rambled on here way too much...I didnt realize watches in general were that expensive...

Same kind of people that spend hundreds on sunglasses! lol

Just my two cents:

I agree 100%. As many of us I'm also buying my glasses not just upon the looks are awesome but also upon that they are greatly engineered, using sophisticated materials and in the same time you can feel that they cannot be compared to other brands. Just think the O-luminium, X metals...
On the watches Oakley makes a decent casing job (I mean buying reasonable movements and putting into their own watch cases) using good design, fine metals, rubbers, crystals with anti-reflex coating. As being owner of higher priced watches other than an Oakley I would say the prices are acceptable (except their watch w/ over 7000USD - sorry can't find the name)

Who pays over a grand for a watch...other than military/pd/fd who may need them...

Most people who think that $3,000, $4,000 or more for a watch is a lot don't realize how much watches cost. There are dozens upon dozens of watches that cost over $50,000. Just two weeks ago, I saw this guy at Barnes and Noble wearing a jewel encrusted Richard Mille - I went home to look it up and a similar watch in that line costs $640,000. So not only are there people who buy these outrageously expensive watches, they actually wear them.

I was talking to a salesman at a local Ben Bridge Timeworks store, and he considers an entry level watch to be in the $7,000 range. I disagree, I think that a pretty good watch can be had for $3,000 or so but that still eclipses your $1,000 mark.

Sorry if I sound pissy but I sometimes get annoyed when people tell me "wow, you must be rich if you can afford a watch like that". I'm definitely far, far from rich, it's just that watches are my only real indulgence so that's where I choose to spend my money.

the last watch I pwned was 10 years ago and about 100 dollars...if u have 7K for it why not ...but there have got to be 200-300 dollar watches available still...

Back