• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch question .....Curious

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Does anyone know what would cause GMT watch hands to go crazy and not stop until the battery was dead. Friend said it started doing this after new battery put in from jeweler?

Hmm..strange, like the friend was tricked to go to a jeweller, but was actually a witch doctor and did not really put a new battery but the wandering spirit like those in the movie Insidious and made the GMT crazy and eventually die so the spirit can finally takeover?

Does anyone know what would cause GMT watch hands to go crazy and not stop until the battery was dead. Friend said it started doing this after new battery put in from jeweler?

Sometimes when the "Battery" is replaced a watch with multiple stepping motors/hands/ functions the circuit needs to be reset..
Depending on the movement in the watch resetting could be done in a couple ways.

1. On the movement could be Two contact points that need to be "jumped" using metal tweezers.

2. If the watch has multiple pushers, could be a sequence of pushing the pushers with the crown in a certain position.

So I'm sure the watch is not possessed, just needs a reset.

Sometimes when the "Battery" is replaced a watch with multiple stepping motors/hands/ functions the circuit needs to be reset..
Depending on the movement in the watch resetting could be done in a couple ways.

1. On the movement could be Two contact points that need to be "jumped" using metal tweezers.

2. If the watch has multiple pushers, could be a sequence of pushing the pushers with the crown in a certain position.

So I'm sure the watch is not possessed, just needs a reset.

And I thought I had it figured out.:( C'mon evil spirits, you are not welcome here, go find some child to haunt.:crazy:

Assuming shofzr's idea is correct, here's how to perform the reset procedure, from the manual:

If the watch hands move improperly, reset the computer
circuit by doing the following. (Note: The small second
hand will automatically move in two-second intervals to
indicate the battery is running low. In this case,
resetting the computer circuit is not necessary. See
“LOW BATTERY INDICATOR” for more information).

TO RESET THE COMPUTER CIRCUIT:
1. Pull the main crown out to the second click position.
2. Press Button A and Button B simultaneously.
3. Push the main crown back in to the normal position.
4. Follow all instructions listed under “TO RESET
THE WORLD CITY HAND.”

TO RESET THE WORLD CITY HAND:
1. Pull the main crown out to the second click position.
2. Press Button A or Button B to adjust the World City
hand to the 12 o’clock position, straight up. (The
buttons move the hand in opposite directions. Press
and hold a button to advance the hand rapidly).
3. Push the main crown back in to the normal position.
4. Set the time and date. Follow the instructions under
“SETTING THE WATCH FOR THE FIRST TIME.”
5. Set the World City hand. Follow the instructions
under “SETTING LOCAL TIME FOR A WORLD CITY.”
6. Reset the alarm if desired.

Latest Posts

Back