• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch thread... without receiving email notifications

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
In one's account preferences, one can disable email notifications. Even as you create a thread like this one, the "watch this thread" is default-checked while "and receive email notifications" is not. Good.

Yet, every time I manually watch a thread (as in I click "watch thread" instead of just posting on it), I get a popup asking me if I want to watch it with or without email notifications, which I have to select and confirm.

I mean, it works okay, I just tell it "without" and it works as designed, but why do I have to select that every time I manually watch a thread?

Couldn't there be a preferences option not to prompt me? Or automatically not prompt me if I have the other email notifications turned off?

In one's account preferences, one can disable email notifications. Even as you create a thread like this one, the "watch this thread" is default-checked while "and receive email notifications" is not. Good.

Yet, every time I manually watch a thread (as in I click "watch thread" instead of just posting on it), I get a popup asking me if I want to watch it with or without email notifications, which I have to select and confirm.

I mean, it works okay, I just tell it "without" and it works as designed, but why do I have to select that every time I manually watch a thread?

Couldn't there be a preferences option not to prompt me? Or automatically not prompt me if I have the other email notifications turned off?
I think you should try giving a banana to an elephant rather than a minion and see if the chipmunk starts to laugh

Latest Posts

Back