• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water In Holeshot?

fretburner79

O-Educator
I've had my Holeshot for a while now and have swam in it a dozen times this summer. I had a "fine jewelry" shop replace the battery today and after swimming for half hour, now there's fog under the crystal. All of the hands work, and it's still tells perfect time. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Should I be concerned? I have no idea how to remove the back so I haven't looked inside.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've had my Holeshot for a while now and have swam in it a dozen times this summer. I had a "fine jewelry" shop replace the battery today and after swimming for half hour, now there's fog under the crystal. All of the hands work, and it's still tells perfect time. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Should I be concerned? I have no idea how to remove the back so I haven't looked inside.

Any help would be appreciated.
Like wet cellphone. put in sealed bowl of dry rice cover watch over night . to absorb water..turn off for now if possible.

Last edited:
If you're going to wear your watch in the water, make sure the watch repair shop does a pressurized test. I change my own batteries, but never wear them in the water. That's what my times is for!

The seals are recommended to be changed each battery swap. In fact, the manual says only Oakley should perform the swap for you, but that's just pushing it. The seal is a vary thin o-ring that can be tough to properly align. Your watch guy didn't put it on right or damaged it during the swap. I just err on the safe side and wear my $20 watch in the water.

I thought most of oakely's watches are 10 bar water resistant? I would take it back to the place and show them or have them check it.

Latest Posts

Back