1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. fretburner79

fretburner79 O-Educator

I've had my Holeshot for a while now and have swam in it a dozen times this summer. I had a "fine jewelry" shop replace the battery today and after swimming for half hour, now there's fog under the crystal. All of the hands work, and it's still tells perfect time. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Should I be concerned? I have no idea how to remove the back so I haven't looked inside.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Like wet cellphone. put in sealed bowl of dry rice cover watch over night . to absorb water..turn off for now if possible.

Last edited: 7/28/14
  3. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

If you're going to wear your watch in the water, make sure the watch repair shop does a pressurized test. I change my own batteries, but never wear them in the water. That's what my times is for!

4. fretburner79

fretburner79 O-Educator

Thanks man. I just assumed a $1000 watch could be worn in water, regardless of who changed the battery.

OakleyGuru379 likes this.
  5. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

The seals are recommended to be changed each battery swap. In fact, the manual says only Oakley should perform the swap for you, but that's just pushing it. The seal is a vary thin o-ring that can be tough to properly align. Your watch guy didn't put it on right or damaged it during the swap. I just err on the safe side and wear my $20 watch in the water.

6. fretburner79

fretburner79 O-Educator

Dayum.

7. ajirbl

ajirbl Oakley Enthusiast

That's why I only own automatic watches. You can still have the same issue but far more rare as you never have to change a battery.

8. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I thought most of oakely's watches are 10 bar water resistant? I would take it back to the place and show them or have them check it.

9. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

Doesn't matter if the seal loses integrity.

OakleyGuru379 likes this.
  10. fretburner79

fretburner79 O-Educator

So once the seal us broken, it can never be submerged again?