• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water Transfer Graphics In The Uk......?

RJM25R

Oakley Beginner
Hi all. Anyone done this in the uk yet? I found a place in Manchester willing to do some frames but I wondered if anyone was interested perhaps, or if it's been done already anybody got a price and somewhere to recommend?

I found a place in Wales & had a pair done. I found out the key is to let the paint fully harden before refitting lenses. Couldn't track any other company down. Do they have a good selection of transfers & what do they charge for their work?

I know of several places in the UK that water transfer but, just like tradesmen, it's finding somewhere that does a really good job compared to a jobsworth. How much is this place charging and for what? Some places will be cheap but they will literally just wrap (water transfer) a frame, coat it, and post it back. Some will do a better job of actually priming, base coating, then wrapping and doing a final protective coat. Think of it like painting a car, some people will just paint a car and it will look ok but other more professional places will prime it, base coat it, wet sand it etc to get a better finish.

Cheers guys.
He's shown me the carbon fibre to begin with. Not my thing, I want some digital camouflage actually!

I work in the motor trade (salesman at a VW main dealer) and the guy does alloy wheels and stuff for us..... I hope he's gonna do one for free as a taster!

I'm struggling at the mo, as he hasn't given me a price (he's holding out to see how many I want doing)

What did you pay......, SIGHT ?

Cheers guys.
He's shown me the carbon fibre to begin with. Not my thing, I want some digital camouflage actually!

I work in the motor trade (salesman at a VW main dealer) and the guy does alloy wheels and stuff for us..... I hope he's gonna do one for free as a taster!

I'm struggling at the mo, as he hasn't given me a price (he's holding out to see how many I want doing)

What did you pay......, SIGHT ?

Hey I use to work at the VW garage here in Scunthorpe...............The guy charged me £10.00 for doing it. Got a blue carbon transfer on a Fuel Cell Frame. Here's the thread

http://www.oakleyforum.com/diy-modding-discussion/4479-changing-guard.html

There were a couple of chips on the frame when I got it back & I fitted the lenses back in too early as the paint was still soft. But I've touched the frame up & now the paint has hardened off i'm happy with them.

Latest Posts

Back