1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jmaxime89

jmaxime89 Oakley Enthusiast

I use alsacorp kit ! The very best quality. I never tried to do sunglasses but I do car parts. Works very well and is easy to use

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I wonder how many uses you get out of that one kit? NWH charges $35 per frame which isn't bad considering you can get almost 3 pairs done for the cost of that one kit and without the mess and prepping.

4. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

I was wondering the same thing pretty much. Many of the offered kits on Ebay are around 88.00 and come with I believe 1 meter of film. With careful measurement I'd say you could get 5 to 10 pairs done. Cardboard and a cheap plastic tub/bucket is all else you would need.

5. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Honestly for the $35 a pair, you are saving prep work and clear coating time. Which the eBay kit doesn't include.

Not saying the kit is a bad idea, but you save yourself a lot of work and trouble going through the other companies.

6. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

This would be a summer/weekend project for sure. Maybe plan a huge Oakley forum camping trip we could set one tent aside for prep the first day,(party:party: in between) and water transfers the next day.:smoke:

7. jmaxime89

My finding is as long as I have film I can still do things. Meaning that the activator and other things they give you in the kit are always sufficient.

8. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Cool, thanks for the info. Got any projects you can show us? Like to see what you have come up with.

9. jmaxime89

I have mostly done rims, hubcaps, a hood and some motorcycle fenders. I do not have pictures at the moment I am working in the great north for a while... it is a very easy and cheap process. I'd say almost as easy as powdercoat. And it is surprisingly tough ! Good luck guys

10. newyork326

newyork326 Oakley Beginner

This seems like something that should be left to the professionals.