• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water Transfer Kits

I wonder how many uses you get out of that one kit? NWH charges $35 per frame which isn't bad considering you can get almost 3 pairs done for the cost of that one kit and without the mess and prepping.

I wonder how many uses you get out of that one kit? NWH charges $35 per frame which isn't bad considering you can get almost 3 pairs done for the cost of that one kit and without the mess and prepping.

I was wondering the same thing pretty much. Many of the offered kits on Ebay are around 88.00 and come with I believe 1 meter of film. With careful measurement I'd say you could get 5 to 10 pairs done. Cardboard and a cheap plastic tub/bucket is all else you would need.

Honestly for the $35 a pair, you are saving prep work and clear coating time. Which the eBay kit doesn't include.

Not saying the kit is a bad idea, but you save yourself a lot of work and trouble going through the other companies.

This would be a summer/weekend project for sure. Maybe plan a huge Oakley forum camping trip we could set one tent aside for prep the first day,(party:party: in between) and water transfers the next day.:smoke:

My finding is as long as I have film I can still do things. Meaning that the activator and other things they give you in the kit are always sufficient.

My finding is as long as I have film I can still do things. Meaning that the activator and other things they give you in the kit are always sufficient.

Cool, thanks for the info. Got any projects you can show us? Like to see what you have come up with.

I have mostly done rims, hubcaps, a hood and some motorcycle fenders. I do not have pictures at the moment I am working in the great north for a while... it is a very easy and cheap process. I'd say almost as easy as powdercoat. And it is surprisingly tough ! Good luck guys

Back