• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

We Need BETTER Lenses For The C SIX

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I have two pairs, probably soon to be one [one of the few who are not impressed I suppose]. I find the lens quality to be very poor compared to modern lenses (EX: Carbon Blades, even my Juliet 24K and the custom cuts I have had made over the past year are much more crisp and clear). Aside from the clarity the polarization is weak - the visual experience is just not there for me. Is anyone working on prism, clarity, and refractive tests? Anything in progress? I need to know or these need to go. I wear what i have and I have what I wear and these lenses remind me of circa-2000 polars. I understand this lens tech is a few years old. I also understand that they are both ANSI Z80.3 and Z87.1 rated, which is great, but I don't need high impact protection from 'Elite' glasses if I am not going to wear them in the first place because the lenses are sub-par IMO.

Eventually selling a pair and keeping one to collect and wear on occasion when I feel like torturing my eyes... so very likely parting with #2 unless someone has some better lenses for these.

Assuming on the status of your collection you are not in to 3rd party lenses but qtrain can get custom lenses cut for the c-six. The only options available besides the grey polarized from oakley if you can still get them. GH4AU has a couple sets and he is very impressed with the way the custom lenses perform, they can come polarized in a lot of different colors. For Sale - Custom Lenses | Oakley Forum

Assuming on the status of your collection you are not in to 3rd party lenses

Correct - Oakley donors only, and tested ones at that. I like science, proof of concept, test results - if someone has something to show me that can convince me other lenses are worthy please do so. That statement is not intended to be a jab at anyone or any manufacturer, it is simply an extension of a basic principle - "Trust, but verify". I trust there are folks cutting good lenses out there, if they are as good or better than Oakley's then please verify it.

I only have one set of eyes and prefer to take care of them.

I have contacted Oakley and they said that some feedback was noted in the more recent C SIX lenses being 'better', clearer, more crisp. I am not looking for colorways. I am fine with the grey/black/etc... as long as it is sharp and does not make my eyes work more than they have to, otherwise that kind of defeats the purpose of wearing them in the first place.

That said, no I have not read ALL the threads on this but based on the feedback of a few who have gone down this road and my inquiries with Oakley there may be enough improvement in replacement of stock lenses with newer ones to be daily drivers. Otherwise, the C SIX will be an occasional wear until someone can prove there are better options, which would be unfortunate.

I intend to reach out to others for more of an education and understanding. I have already spoken to GH4AU and he recommended I communicate with qtrain. That said GH4AU and others have already answered my initial question - the proof is not there. There are no formal test results or other data to support 'a better lens', just a different shade or color. I am open to constructive criticism if I am incorrect in my assessment of the C SIX lens options available to date.

Last edited:
Back