• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing Shades While Driving In The Rain. Wanna Get Some Thoughts And Views On This..

I nearly always wear Oakleys when driving. On bright winter days like today I wear Ice Iridium Polarized and when its duller or wet I wear OO Red Iridium Polarized. I think the contrast lens really helps when its wet or dull

Neil

yeah the general opinion thus far have to be going with the contrast lenses, by someone mentioned that the "issue" with perhaps HI Yellow or HI persimmon would be the "ghosting" effect. anyone encounter any problems with this issue?

I'm one of those people who wear shades pretty much from the time I walk out of the house until I pull back in the garage. The only time I take them off (outdoors) is if there's a risk of damage or when it's appropriate for business and/or personal face to face communication. Otherwise if I'm out, they're on. Rain ain't nothing but a thing.

My problem is that this time of year the conditions change so often I can't carry enough pairs or lenses with me.

Today I went out around 2:00 for some parts at work and the sun was blasting. My OO Red Polarized Tens were in the car and got down to business.

Got off work around 3:30 and it was gloomy as hell with a light snow coming down. I felt OO Red Polarized was too dark, but I had a G30 pair with me and those took care of things well. It got a bit darker and they came off. I could have used a persimmon or a yellow. Or perhaps even VR50. Alas, I went without.

On the way home around 4:00 the clouds break with the sun kind of low and OO Red was too damn weak. I wish I had a black or something else as it was brutal.

I have 20+ pairs and another 20+ lenses at home, just 2 in my car. I hate being so limited, but in trying to break up the monotony of wearing M Frames every day I've given up their brilliant versatility and locked myself in to just 2 lens choices. (The G30 pair is an M Frame by chance, but no array to back it up).

I think my old school 4 pair/3 lens case might get pulled into service so I can carry around a 7-lens selection with some cleaning cloths on a daily basis.

Back