• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing Vs Displaying

Personally, I'm one of the ones that wear about half and about half are only used for display purposes. I never wear any of my artist series (17 pairs), Jupiter Camo Frogskins have never been worn. I've also never worn my Infinite Hero Radars. I have a pair of Tron Gascans I have never worn and I have a pair of Transformers Gascans I've never worn. I have doubles of both and have worn the other pairs. I have a pair of Tron Pit Boss I've only worn once. I consider myself a hard core collector and I have alot of pairs, especially my artist series and the like, that I have specifically for displaying, not wearing. I also never wear any of my three exclusive science fuel cells or any of the three holiday oil rigs. I'm too concerned they may get damaged from wearing or lost at a restaurant. I enjoy having them in the case and looking at them. I understand some think that's ridiculous, but for me it works. I plan on getting a C Six within the next month or so and I am sure I will maybe only wear it once a year....if that! However, it will look great in the case!

For the most part, I wear my custom Oil Rigs, Batwolf, Antix and Fuel Cell. The rest stay in the case and look pretty! I'd say I have a rotation of about 25 I wear, the other 50 or so rarely get touched!

I think you would be the only person i would let that slide. Your artist series collection was a long tough road to obtaining. I'd cry myself to sleep if i lost one of those. You are excused from wearing those. :laugh:

i too wear part of my collection that's abt it. there are a few on a constant rotation, like my 24ks and stuff. like BAPD, the artist series have been kept in the display for god knows how long. the only artist pairs i wear are the Kozik and perhaps the R.Pimple. i'll admit, the Flores 2.0 i have rocked once, on my bday this year. =)

Just cop double of each pair. Team one to rock, one to stock baby.

But yes, I wear all my pairs. Just some more than others.

i try to wear as much as possible. but it´s hard to keep all in rotation :cool:
for instant i love the ducati series but i took the last pair maybe a year and a half ago....

I recently sold everything I don't wear - including 'collectors items' such as my OTTs.
The proceeds went to buying stuff that I woulld actually wear.

Strangely though, I have still kept a pair of white Sideways that I have only worn once but just can't bring myself to part with! They are just so cool.
haha

There's a part of my collection that I don't wear, just because it's too rare and I cannot cope with the idea that they might be damaged in use, while I like them a lot. That are mostly vintage pairs. But I wear most of my glasses...

i wear what i buy, and i will buy what i will wear.

i don't even display my collection... they are securely kept in a de-humidified, ultra-violet free, biometric and retina scanned vault + 24/7 CCTV to prevent molding on unobtaniums, de-coloration of the frames and any grubby hands getting to them!!

LOL!!!

i wear everything, i dont buy stuff i wont wear unless its an amazing deal or something like that. but ill pretty much wear everything oakley makes. dont get me wrong, i do have my display case and i do display all my pairs but i rotate them all through and wear them as i feel. my pit boss are the least worn pair i have, well actually my Troy Lee Gascans are (never worn). i know at some point i will get some old pairs i might never wear but at the moment i wear them all.

i don't even display my collection... they are securely kept in a de-humidified, ultra-violet free, biometric and retina scanned vault + 24/7 CCTV to prevent molding on unobtaniums, de-coloration of the frames and any grubby hands getting to them!!

LOL!!!

this just made my day at work right now

thank you
ps-can you direct me to the company you bought that at?? hahaha

Back