• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing x-metals daily?

Coxy

Oakley Beginner
BC Canada
Hey guys, new here, and new to x-metals even though I have lusted for them ever since buying my Twentys back in 99.
Been reading a lot, and I see there's a fair amount of collectors here. While I don't see myself becoming a collector, (not because I don't want to, moreso just too many expensive hobbies), I'd love to get my hands on a couple pairs. I'm curious, how many of you folks wear x-metals on the daily? I don't mean in the house checking them out haha. With proper care can a guy enjoy them all the time? I wore my Twentys, Strait Jackets, and now valves anywhere from .5-10 hours a day, and got my eye on a pair of XS. Thanks fellas

Follow the WOAYWT thread and you'll quickly see which of us wear x-metals all the time... at least those of us not selfie-adverse... ;)

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today?? | Oakley Forum

Good advice there. You can wear them everyday, but choose your battles. Not every situation is best suited for any one particular pair. I wear almost everyday, but there are situations that are better for O matter.

i have 9 metals (a mix of Juliets and XS) and i wear mine all the time, but i'm not like gonna play basketball with them on in the driveway or something.

one of my best friends only has one Juliet and he wears his everywhere. he wore them on a float trip down a local river and i thought that was nuts. haha.

i only have one pair i really don't wear much and it is a custom infinite hero clone carbon XS.

i wear xmetals all day everyday. i wear them playing golf, before and after water & snowsports and have had no issues. i have lost o matter pairs but not lost a single xmetal pair. the cost of the lost omatter pairs easily justifies cost to get backup parts for my wear-pair xmetals.

If I was a bit vague earlier, let's be clear...

As mentioned in my recent milestone post in the collections area, I wore two pairs of Juliets exclusively for seven years; their supposed indestructibility made me fearless, and I rarely lost things. Until a thieving wave stole a pair...

Now at 35 pairs of which 22 are x-metals, that's about 2/3 of my collection being x-metals. But I still wear x-metals 85-90% of the time. Really, had I not lost that first pair, I'd probably still be at two Juliets, wearing them 100%...

And my wallet would be a lot happier... :D

I got a pair of split jackets to daily- lighter, cheaper, cheaper lenses, more comfortable while still saying secure, similar shape to the XS (kinda)

before that i worse my juliets every day everywhere for 6 years while on active duty. they got dropped, scratched and loosened up but i still have them.
I also have a nice mint XS now.

my biggest issue with the x metals is no flex in the frame so i either have the set up snug to the point were they aren't comfortable to wear for long periods/ all day. Or set up loose but then i have to worry about them falling off and scratching the lenses.

Also for running they kind of bounce around with the weight. The O matter/split jackets I have have enough flex to stay secure while stilling being comfortable. I can have them up on the top of my head and forget they are there and now have to worry about them falling down/off

I still wear the x metal now and then when I'm feeling fancy.

its extremely rare to see anyone else wearing x metals, and i always get compliments on them and see people staring at them as they walk/I walk by, you just dont get that with most other sunglasses or o matter oakleys

Back