1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. RiskyTrousers

RiskyTrousers Oakley Beginner

Hey all,

Thought I'd share the respective weights between the Nanowire 2.0s and the Carbon Blades. Lightweight eyewear is pretty important to me so i busted out my trusty $7 Chinese scale.

Nanos: 18.8 grams
    CBs: 21.7 grams

A little surprised the Nanos where a little lighter. The Carbon Blades feel lighter though, I put this down to the larger surface area in which pressure is spread on the arms.

Weight: Carbon Blade Vs Nanowire 2.0 - C5DD0E7E-2A1E-4DDA-B6E8-5968ED5EA1FA_zpsq8amtkgw.jpg
    Weight: Carbon Blade Vs Nanowire 2.0 - 9DB06788-94B4-4BD3-BEC4-118C8EB7299D_zpsdasf3hsm.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

What do you normally weigh with that scale? :D

Mr X Metal likes this.
  3. RiskyTrousers

RiskyTrousers Oakley Beginner

I bought it to weight pool cues, although no one believes me when I say that lol!

4. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Not too surprised. The CB has a full rim and thicker profiles, and was mainly made for the sake of being made of carbon fiber. Maybe the alloy is more dense, but there's really not much used.

imo the concern of weight is a little overrated. Fit really makes or breaks the felt presence of the frame, though I have heard of the case that people like the JC over the JFL because of the weight. That could still be argued as a case of the lack of unobtanium nosepiece since a lot of lifestyle pairs can slip.

5. Mr X Metal

Mr X Metal Oakley Enthusiast

Pool cues? Is that what the kids are calling it these days? Jk :)

I really dig the nanowire series personally. Carbon Blades are really nice. But I'm not in love with them yet.

6. steveocubed

steveocubed Oakley Enthusiast

I agree; really how well the weight is distributed is just as important as the weight itself.