1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. KyleTheSid

KyleTheSid Oakley Enthusiast

Hey guys I just went to an optometry shop that I didn't know existed and they had two empty cabinets..whether or not they are still an Oakley dealer I don't know yet I have to call tomorrow. I'm only 5'4 and 130 lbs. and I'm 14 years old so I obviously can't lift a double wide myself so if I could get your guys's input on how heavy the double wide is and how manyguys it takes to lift it. Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

I'm not sure how heavy it is but I would say its pretty heavy. I'm not the strongest person but I would say safely like two -three people it would take to carry one. Deffinitly one person can't do it. Maybe if you get your hands on a hand truck or a dolly you might be able to do it with less people and effort.

3. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

I move mine by myself, but I am quite literally two of you... lmao

At your size I would say3 people to be SAFE and not hurt... the case!

4. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

The last one I shipped was around 270 I think!

5. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Depends if it is the brushed aluminum or the newer black ones. The brushed are Much lighter, if you have a hand truck or a dolly you can move it around yourself. After you take the shelving out, not heavy at all, just big and awkward. The black double wide is a different beast, that must be the one Joben is talking about.

6. KyleTheSid

Thanks guys it is the black one! I was just asking to see if I should call some neighbors or family over to help move it...new question: How difficult is this thing to get up stairs? Haha

7. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Hire some movers! Ha

8. KyleTheSid

Gotta give the place a call and make sure it'll be mine but thats the plan is to get some professionals! haha thanks for the feedback guys!

9. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Ha getting a double wide up the stairs is the only reason I did not purchase one when I had the chance. I thought I would be moving out soon for college and it was large I would never be able to use it. So I will buy one when I get my own place for good.

10. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

they are pretty heavy for your size it might crush you if you try to lift it by yourself..try to get some help. at least two or three of your buddys...