• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Welcome surprise

Well. I am on holiday at the moment. For another week. But... I thought I might update this. The crosshair 2.0 polished gold WAS going to be my last frame for a long while. That was the plan. Just so happened in doing so I found a brand new ruby x metal x squared in the same place. And then a plasma fire that they found in the back. Still sealed.... Since then ... I found a polished vr28 set retail (France) a plasma ice retail for from a UK extreme sports shop. ... . A brand new in box polished carbon bip (france again) a brand new (shades and bag only ) carbon bi (Netherlands) , a brand new Ducati xs retail (France again) a brand new in box carbon Ducati Juliet 04-159 (France ). And a polished ti Romeo 2 from UK.
So. 7xs, a juliet , and a Romeo 2. ... I shoulder also say I bought 2 bnib carbon oo bip x squared and a bnib polished carbon bip as well but both parcels got lost in Germany on their way to me and they were never found. So. That oobip set would have left me with only one to find. Gutted I lost those 3 retail xs. Also. If anyone has had the patience to read all of this post. Maybe a bit of advice? I bought the Romeo 2 from eBay UK. It was listed as mint, hardly worn half x. What I got was a very well worn Romeo 2 loose to the point of sagging at the nose and feeling like it could fall of at any moment . And both lenses scratched in one place. One is a big graze . But the scratches are out of the eyeline but can be seen in the periphery as you look out. It's above eyeline, so if you dip head and look forward obviously its blurry. Do you think £160 was to much to pay? Considering listed as mint. And they would need a service and new lenses (impossible to find) to be considered mint. I would wear them if they were tightened and put up with the scratch due to it being outside of my view when I wear them. They're and awesome pair , exactly as @kronin323 stated. Really nice pair. Should I send back for refund. Or try and at least get the tune up cost , plus a little towards a set of linegear lenses? Thanks. Pictures of all the new xs, ducati Juliet and Romeo 2 when my hols end.

Sorry they didn't arrive in the condition described. Yes, whenever that happens to me I bargain a partial refund based on lost value / cost to restore. Usually a seller with agree to something, but if they don't, then you have the decision of whether to return them for a refund or just eat it.

I just agreed to a partial refund on my Romeos, all of twenty quid. Due to them being old fire, it's quite difficult to the scratches and the marks but with Black iridium that's a different matter. The thing to consider is how rare are they to get in mint condition?

hmmm... i sent the romeo 2's back... frame needed tune, and lenses custom cut to be mint.. would have cost to much to tune up, replace lenses just to have a decent pair bag only... but i loved the frame, and will get a romeo 2 in the future if a good pair turns up.. the guy wouldnt offer a partial refund...... however... my ducati's turned up.... been trying to get any ducati pair for ages... monster dogs, juliet whatever..... and now i found two retail pairs... both bnib (retail) from france arrived yesterday... will post pics later... very happy both perfect... x squared and a juliet carbon (04-159) turned up same day... will post the other pics of my x squareds ive aquire as well... hopefully my oem emerald lenses (x squared) show up today as well. theyre going in a pair of carbon frames..

So. Here is my x squared's after a month and a bit... There was the x metal ruby. Then plasma fire. Then polished vr28. All bnib retail. Next came the plasma ice. Retail again from UK and 30% discount. So happy to find it.
IMAG1912.jpg
IMAG1919.jpg
IMAG1921.jpg

Next I bought 3 pairs. 2 carbon with oo bip. And a polished carbon bip. They all got lost in the post. ...... Gutted.... But after that I found a bnib retail polished carbon with bip. Lovely pair
IMAG1926.jpg
IMAG1931.jpg
IMAG1932.jpg

And lastly... Never had a Ducati. Tried many times to get a pair. And then I found two retail pairs in France at the same time!!! Juliet carbon and the x squared.
IMAG1947.jpg
IMAG1948.jpg
IMAG1951.jpg
IMAG1952.jpg
IMAG1955.jpg
IMAG1959.jpg

Back