• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Went A Bit Wild...

I phoned up about the xm's on Thursday, was going to buy one or two but the guy started telling me there was blemishes and damage to the lenses on both J's which put me off esp as they were not really reduced much. Let me know what condition they are actually in, he didn't think they had proper box or accessories either.
Nice recent purchases by the way!

Heh, when you think what it could have been, it's surely hard to resent even the ParcelForce charge! Pics of the collection coming soon?

Indeed, i think i almost pulled the guys arm off when he finally handed it over, ran outside and :dance2: :party:

Pics will be posted ASAP, just need to finish unpacking after a house-move and for the carbon blades to be delviered then i'll get some of the entire collection.

You did not listen to the warning sign. Nice pick up! :p

:lolsign: I am a glutton for punishment - but the Ichiro's in particular were worth it just to hold :D

I phoned up about the xm's on Thursday, was going to buy one or two but the guy started telling me there was blemishes and damage to the lenses on both J's which put me off esp as they were not really reduced much. Let me know what condition they are actually in, he didn't think they had proper box or accessories either.
Nice recent purchases by the way!

Yeah that is right - the left lens has a little mark which is a little annoying, but i have prescription lenses to put in them anyway. The mark is right in the middle but actually does not seem to effect the vision, other than that they are completely mint. They came with box and cloth but no coin and were dropped from £300 to £250 as a result. The bonus is they are polarized. I'll get some pics.

I didn't get to hear anything about the carbons because they were already gone, but again i'd have just been after the frame more than anything.

Last edited:
I have prescription lenses in juliets and I was toying with moving them to a different frame to see if the headaches eased which is why I called about them, sounded like the carbon had more marks maybe as the ones you had I think he described as blemished, no offer of money off they told me they wanted £300 bar a penny but that was only an hour or so after they went on sale. Wonder if the half x went, fancy a pair but don't think they are worth the £250 with no guarantee of condition or box/coin etc.
Glad they are better than expected and will do the job for you, did you get your lenses from Oakley?

Still waiting on the prescription lenses i've ordered, fire iridium for the carbon blades and polarised ice iridium for the R1s. They've gone up to £220 as well which is upsetting!

I have a set of plasma juliets with emerald transitions and im really not keen on them at all.

The lenses don't dim enough to wear them in strong sunlight and IMO look a bit rubbish with big-heavy framed juliets and a near-transparent lens when you're inside.

Not quite sure what to do with them, i'll likely put the lenses in a different frame and see if i get on better with them, and put something else in the plasma juliets.

Are yours 'scription or regular sunglasses? I quite like the chunky look though I have ducati transistor as my other reading glasses, opposite world except for base metal!

Back