• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What a piece of garbage-Radarlock

greg

Oakley Expert
Philadelphia
So I bought my first radarlock.... The seller was awesome fast shipping and the item just as described. My issue is with oakley these glasses are a piece. I have to say its a far cry from what oakley use to be. I am just wondering if anyone has anything good to say about radarlocks??? I will forever stick to my jawbones from this point on.

FYI I bought them to go cycling in and I have to be honest they are the worst glasses I ever had on my face including dollar store frames.

Last edited:
They feel similar to Jawbones, I don't see whats wrong with them. Do you think you might have bought a fake?

Good things to say:

1: They are sexy.

2: They are awesome.

3: Great for sports especially biking.

What sux is when u fold them, the arms bang against inside of lense scratching them

What sux is when u fold them, the arms bang against inside of lense scratching them

Damn I did know about that yet.... But for the most part they're flimsy, Cheaply made... like you can hear the creak in the platic as you twist and turn the frames, the light transmission from underneath the lens is horrible... I know its not a full frame but my god it really is bad. Lastly... a lot of hype that they dont live up too.

In comparison to the jawbone glasses and nooo not the racing jacket the jawbone glasses are the pinnacle of a non x-metal oakley frame... while the pit boss is the zenith

I doubt they're fake I bought them from a trusted forum member with a great reputation...

+1 to djhyper. I have a lot of pairs and like them better than the radar but not as much as the m frame. I think the styling is great and the build quality is fine. The only gripe I have is that they did not make a range style lens.

Creaks do happen not only with Radarlocks, but newer pairs in general. This is annoying, but temporary in my experience. Sounds weird that you say they're flimsy, especially if you're referring to when wearing them. They're a firmer fit compared to the Jawbone imo. I'm flexing them side-by-side with my own Jawbones and there's hardly a difference if any. If I really exploited it, it'd be arbitrary.

Regarding the coverage, you sure you're not using an Asian Fit nosebomb? I would agree that there should be more lens shapes, but riding with a Path cut I don't have any issues with light coming from below.

You also lost me with your "jawbone glasses and nooo not the racing jacket" statement. There are differences, but it's not like the RJ suddenly sucks.

Don't get me wrong, I do have some gripes. One being the lens shape selection as mentioned. Another one is that while the Switchlock can make for a clean lens swap, it's not mind-blowingly better than the regular pop-in method.

I enjoy my pair of radarlocks. While you can definitely tell the difference in quality of the materials and they do seem to creak a little more than normal they are lighter and I think fit better.

Back