1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

So I bought my first radarlock.... The seller was awesome fast shipping and the item just as described. My issue is with oakley these glasses are a piece. I have to say its a far cry from what oakley use to be. I am just wondering if anyone has anything good to say about radarlocks??? I will forever stick to my jawbones from this point on.

FYI I bought them to go cycling in and I have to be honest they are the worst glasses I ever had on my face including dollar store frames.

Last edited: 3/18/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. theafroman

theafroman Oakley Beginner

They feel similar to Jawbones, I don't see whats wrong with them. Do you think you might have bought a fake?

Good things to say:

1: They are sexy.

2: They are awesome.

3: Great for sports especially biking.

Pat likes this.
  3. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

What sux is when u fold them, the arms bang against inside of lense scratching them

greg likes this.
  4. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

Damn I did know about that yet.... But for the most part they're flimsy, Cheaply made... like you can hear the creak in the platic as you twist and turn the frames, the light transmission from underneath the lens is horrible... I know its not a full frame but my god it really is bad. Lastly... a lot of hype that they dont live up too.

In comparison to the jawbone glasses and nooo not the racing jacket the jawbone glasses are the pinnacle of a non x-metal oakley frame... while the pit boss is the zenith

I doubt they're fake I bought them from a trusted forum member with a great reputation...

5. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Post a picture , what pair did you buy?? I own tons of radarlocks and I love them all. Don't have any issues with mine. I think there better then radar, lighter, can wear all day. Great for sports glasses.

6. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

+1 to djhyper. I have a lot of pairs and like them better than the radar but not as much as the m frame. I think the styling is great and the build quality is fine. The only gripe I have is that they did not make a range style lens.

Bronzefunk likes this.
  7. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Creaks do happen not only with Radarlocks, but newer pairs in general. This is annoying, but temporary in my experience. Sounds weird that you say they're flimsy, especially if you're referring to when wearing them. They're a firmer fit compared to the Jawbone imo. I'm flexing them side-by-side with my own Jawbones and there's hardly a difference if any. If I really exploited it, it'd be arbitrary.

Regarding the coverage, you sure you're not using an Asian Fit nosebomb? I would agree that there should be more lens shapes, but riding with a Path cut I don't have any issues with light coming from below.

You also lost me with your "jawbone glasses and nooo not the racing jacket" statement. There are differences, but it's not like the RJ suddenly sucks.

Don't get me wrong, I do have some gripes. One being the lens shape selection as mentioned. Another one is that while the Switchlock can make for a clean lens swap, it's not mind-blowingly better than the regular pop-in method.

Nkrauth likes this.
  8. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ventrucks right on squeaking. I had a pit boss do that

9. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I enjoy my pair of radarlocks. While you can definitely tell the difference in quality of the materials and they do seem to creak a little more than normal they are lighter and I think fit better.

10. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

i have no issue with the radarlocks the regular radars look goofy on me