• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are "cleaning marks"

There are a bunch of silly threads. This ain't one of em lol

It's good to see people's perspective on the subject.

Agree with @SiRacer420. There are those members who sit with a 10X loupe and turn the glasses slowly...and I completely get it but I'm not one of those collectors. Mine are to be used and if I screw them sideways due to being an idiot I can just source new lenses (Hopefully!) and call it a lesson learned. Don't mistake this for being neglectful or lazy, I am neither. But I don't get myself all wrapped up in everything staying pristine anymore. I want my gear to be as clean and well-maintained as possible, and I clean everything after every use...bikes, shoes, and guns included, but not to the point of tearing them down, scrubbing, and re-assembling.
I do understand those who dedicate themselves to maintaining a set (Or whole collection) of something and keeping it absolutely mint and untouched, though! :shock:

Agree with @SiRacer420. There are those members who sit with a 10X loupe and turn the glasses slowly...and I completely get it but I'm not one of those collectors. Mine are to be used and if I screw them sideways due to being an idiot I can just source new lenses (Hopefully!) and call it a lesson learned. Don't mistake this for being neglectful or lazy, I am neither. But I don't get myself all wrapped up in everything staying pristine anymore. I want my gear to be as clean and well-maintained as possible, and I clean everything after every use...bikes, shoes, and guns included, but not to the point of tearing them down, scrubbing, and re-assembling.
I do understand those who dedicate themselves to maintaining a set (Or whole collection) of something and keeping it absolutely mint and untouched, though! :shock:
10x loupe!

That dude really did that **** too. Damn I forgot about that.

Ok so now you have to tell me more about the 10x loupe story. Sounds quite interesting
Dude sold a NIB Juliet, Ducati Carbon I think. Buyer gets it and tells him there's scratches in the lens. Seller is like WTF?! No way. Buyer says yeah man I used a 10x jewelers loupe to inspect them. Little scratches are there. This all happened on eBay. Seller makes a post about it asking if he's off his nut or if the buyer is just a tool. I think most people agreed that if you need a loupe to see it that it was ridiculous. I think he ended up giving the guy a partial refund. Not certain.

There are more details but that's the meat and potatoes of it.