• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are my oakleys.

image.jpg

they look good i would say 5-600 is generous considering they don't have a matching box. as @kronin323 mentioned that would be rated by a collector. oh and the 24k is the name if the color way and the lens coating. they have names like ruby, ice, jade, emerald, slate, etc but does not mean they have those elements integrated into the lens.

although the metal vault may add to the value which would make the $5-600 appropriate.

Maybe i am cheap but i have seen glasses only sales for these as low as 400 in the last 30-45 days. But ebay usually fetches more $$$, but you have high fees... Nice looking pair!

Probably never worn them! Always felt they were to brash!
Such a shame that in 10 years you didn't enjoy what many of us feel was the best metal frame Oakley produced. But as you noted, the 24K is not for wallflowers.
I think Kronin's valuation a bit high. A complete boxed pair just sold on ebay yesterday for $588 and the generally accepted rule of thumb is that the original box, coin and papers that accompany these as new add about $100-125 to the value of the pair.
I'd say fair market value is closer to $450 for the pair and $100 for the vault. Combined value is on Kronin's estimate.
There is no 24K content to this pair or the lenses, Oakley was fond of tossing about dramatic nomenclatures that really didn't accurately describe the actual content.

Back