• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are the best basic pallets for running or a triathlon?

Welcome to the forum. :rofl:

"Pallets". :rofl:

Sent from a warehouse while staring at "pallets" and trying to figure out how they would help in a triathlon.
I can't possibly see a need for pallets in a triathalon, but maybe you could make contestants carry them in the run portion to add a "spartan race" component to the mix.....:offtopic:

I can't possibly see a need for pallets in a triathalon, but maybe you could make contestants carry them in the run portion to add a "spartan race" component to the mix.....:offtopic:
I agree. It would make things more interesting to say the least.

Sent from the judges chambers while convincing him it wasn't me.

PRO M Frame are still my favourite for bike/running frame so simple,beautifull and stiff construction... :)
Also vintage Racing jacket-same story,then Jawbone and Radar you can never go wrong with these :)

would anybody ever do metal frames for this. I have typically liked the crosshair lines and have several pair. I ran in a pair of Crosshair 2.0s this weekend in a 5k and they held ok, but I think I need some new ones that are more legit for the purpose

I wouldn't, but you'll certainly be able to find someone who'd do metal or wires for it. I'm not a runner just a cyclist and use strictly old school radars, but to each his own. :agree:

would anybody ever do metal frames for this. I have typically liked the crosshair lines and have several pair. I ran in a pair of Crosshair 2.0s this weekend in a 5k and they held ok, but I think I need some new ones that are more legit for the purpose

Depends on personal preference really. I wouldn't. I much prefer to use the tool made for the job. I have used Fast Jackets for a few years. I like having the ability to quickly swap lenses should light conditions change. They're great if you have a larger head. Otherwise, stick with Radars and Flack Jackets like others have said.

Biggest reason i can see is the plastics mostly pop apart if you bust your a$$ in a crash, the metals might put a bad hurtin' on you!! :help:

Radars. EV, or XL straight stems.

Jawbreakers could be a bit more favorable if you plan to carry your glasses into the ride since their stems are flatter to better firt inside TT helmets.

Back