• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are The Best Sunglass Lenses (not Goggles) For The Snow?

Klouxone

Oakley Beginner
In a couple of weeks im goint to the wintersport, but i want to buy a new sunglasses ( not goggles )

what are the best lenses for in the snow? there are so many! the only thing is know is that i want the have polaroid lenses.

hope some one can help me out have can give me some tips.

Probably just your standard black iridium polarized to cut glare and have the required darkness.

I personally really like OO bip tho.

Bright lenses should be best, but it is very subjective.

Current Polarized choices:

Eyewear
Light Grey Polarized
Grey Polarized
Emerald Iridium Polarized
Ice Iridium Polarized
Black Iridium Polarized
Amber Polarized
Amber Black Iridium Polarized
VR28 Polarized
Bronze Polarized
Tungsten Iridium Polarized
VR28 Blue Polarized
Titanium Iridium Polarized
VR28 Gold Iridium Polarized
VR28 Black Iridium Polarized
Fire Iridium Polarized
Gold Iridium Polarized
Deep Blue Polarized
Shallow Blue Polarized
Positive Red Iridium Polarized
OO Grey Polarized

Snow Goggles
Dark Grey Polarized
High Intensity Amber Polarized
VR28 Polarized
Fire Iridium Polarized

Based on the Snow Goggle choices, Oakley makes some good suggestions. I like the bright, medium to bright light lenses, yellow base. Bold are my choices.

VR28 Black Irdium Polarized for bright light.

I'm not a fan of gold or bronze based lenses. G30, OO, and VR28 are much better in my opinion.

Some people feel that polarized is a detriment in winter weather and causes you to not be able to see the sheen on ice as readily and quickly discern snow from ice. I don't do much wintersports like skiing to know if that's a real concern. I personally prefer polarized when driving or walking outside in the snow.

My personal favorite is tungsten iridium polarized, but as rust says, a lot of people discourage polarized for winter weather. I would go with vr28 black iridium if I wasn't going polarized. Hope that helps

I like just your basic Bronze for bright snowy conditions. I use a vr28 blue iridium for when it is darker and actually snowing. Helps me see further I feel.

Why are you against goggles? Sunglasses will not shield your face from cold wind, or do well against fogging. In addition to that, if you fall or anything like that you could possibly damage them.

But if you are keen on sunglasses, I wouldn't go with polarized lenses because as Rustpot mentioned, they would eliminate the visibility of ice patches which is not good.

Latest Posts

Back