• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are the darkest sunglasses that'll also fit my face shape? ++

Not sure if you are interested in aftermarket lens but I purchased a pair of liquid metal mirror lens for my oakley pennys a while back from exovista on ebay and they are super dark. Of course its not Oakley quality but they are not expensive and the mirror lens looks really cool. I have many pairs of Oakley lenses and these exovista mirror are by far the darkest.

Don't forget Fire polarized (10%) might give you more availability in frame options if you can abide the attention they generate.

Personally, I find welders glasses look tres cool onna girl, and they're dark and protective!
:behindsofa:

Despite its lens transmission percentage, I always think Fire and Fire Polarized don't block enough glare. Perhaps it's down to the base colour.
I personally would not therefore recommend this lens to this particular buyer.

I wish I could try them on but we don't have that many places
where Oakley's are sold..so I guess I'd have to purhcase online/and then if I didn't like them/return. Might take a while to find something that way, but it's ok.
Where do you live? There might be a forum member nearby or a store that you're not aware of.

Ok, so right now I'm just trying to first figure out what shape I need to get that would be an option for me, preferably something square-ish that covers the sides, and then from there pick out my lenses. The shape of the turbines I looked online look pretty promising, the batwolfs (I do like the shape from what I can see online as well) however..none of the batwolf lenses say that they are polarized..so I'm not sure..should I consider them?

Ok, so right now I'm just trying to first figure out what shape I need to get that would be an option for me, preferably something square-ish that covers the sides, and then from there pick out my lenses. The shape of the turbines I looked online look pretty promising, the batwolfs (I do like the shape from what I can see online as well) however..none of the batwolf lenses say that they are polarized..so I'm not sure..should I consider them?
They have made polarized Batwolf... Not sure why you didn't see any there... If it's not available locally, you will have to try some other means.

Thanks! I found them on amazon/
While browsing I also noticed an Oakley frame, Crankshaft..are they something to consider? they're also black iridium/and polarized..I get a little confused looking at photos sometimes because these ones for ex. look like they have a really big nose opening..so I can already imagine they may not fit on me/mine is thinner..do they have a tight fit..? I may look into them some more.

Fuel cell is also another shape I saw online that's square-ish and comes in iridium/polarized. So I may add those to the list as well.

Back