• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are The Most Sought After Oakleys, Not Incl Frogskins

crj

Oakley Beginner
Besides frogs what do you guys collect that are limited and highly sought after from back in the day? Eyeshades blades ect?

I'm always on the lookout for another pair of the first razor blades I ever bought, neon yellow and fire. Just not paying $400 for them!

I seem to find some rare vintage stuff every now and then. Its cool when you come across a vintage pair that have never been opened sitting in the back of a bike shop or eyeglass store room. IMO other then X Metals, Frogs, and artist series pairs, the vintage stuff is hard to get in mint condition....

I would say it's either some of the first serialized metals or the Flores I & II. I know personally, I was able to get both flores pretty easily, but it just kinda fell in my lap.

X Metals...Romeo 1 specifically. Mint pieces regularly go for $1000 plus. I'm not a huge fan of early metal generations because, well, they're hard to find in good condition and because there were so many quality issues with the finish.

X Metals...Romeo 1 specifically. Mint pieces regularly go for $1000 plus. I'm not a huge fan of early metal generations because, well, they're hard to find in good condition and because there were so many quality issues with the finish.

The romeo1 still comes up fairly often..as much as Mars and Pennys.. and while they're regularly listed @ $1000 it doesnt sell unless its around 3-500..

I think currently the X-metal XX is rare, esp 24K edition/TiO2 edition, and the Penny in either Copper or X-metal is hard to come by too.
Finish quality regarding X-metals are mainly the issue of discoloring with plasma frames- X-metal frames are fine.

X-metals in general, except the Juliets and X-Squared, are hard to find for a good price. So far there are only 8 X-metal models.. With Juliets being the one that has been in production for the longest (and for good reason!)

how about the medusa? or OTT? maybe they aren't as hard to find as some other Oakleys? well JiveSeven had no problem getting his display case lol. with oh, a few nice extra's.

it seems to me the caia koopman ravishing maybe not in terms of desirability, but to find them seems quite difficult. i'd like a pair!

Back