• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are these E Wires? FAKE

Sun & Sand

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I got these first-generation E Wires at a garage sale recently.
I don't understand why "TITANIUM" is printed on the bottom of the left lens. The lenses look original, but the frames certainly are not made of titanium. If these are the original Oakley lenses, what does the "TITANIUM" refer to?
IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

I'm certainly no expert in identifying fakes, but when I compare these frames to E Wires I have that I know are authentic, they seem identical to me.

Since I got these, I've seen the same lenses on several different E Wires listed by various sellers on eBay. Not sure how to interpret that ...

Those are fakes. Sorry man. First off I bet the screws that are in the hinges are straight instead of phillips right? Oakley etches the lenses, doesnt print on them and the biggest giveaway is the screws in the nose bombs. Also Im guessing the bridge is a slightly different thickness that an original pair and the script on the front is too tall.

Those are fakes. Sorry man. First off I bet the screws that are in the hinges are straight instead of phillips right? Oakley etches the lenses, doesnt print on them and the biggest giveaway is the screws in the nose bombs. Also Im guessing the bridge is a slightly different thickness that an original pair and the script on the front is too tall.
Thanks for the detailed comments!
These E Wires are definitely fakes!

Using your comments as a guide, here's what I see when I compare these frames to real E Wires:
Screws in hinges are Phillips, just like Oakley;
Nose bombs have screws, unlike Oakley;
Bridge is same thickness as Oakley, but is flat while Oakley's is slightly curved;
"Oakley" script on bridge and temples is thick, not razor-thin like Oakley's;
"Oakley" script on bridge is shorter and taller than on a real E Wire;
Temples are thinner than Oakley;
Weight is heavier than Oakley.

So, these are definitely not Oakley frames.
Thanks for helping me ID them!

Latest Posts

Back