• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are X Metals Made Of?

bawitheba

Oakley Expert
Yes I know they say it's a titanium blend of 5 metals. I need to know what metals those are? Can anyone answer this?

Haha real funny. I tried to cut through a cinder block wall with no success. I don't think it has much adamantium. Lol

Almost all Titanium alloys contain aluminum and vanadium, which make it easier to work with, so it would be safe to assume those.

All current Ti alloys have ASTM standards, possibilities are

Grade 21-15% molybdenum, 3% aluminum, 2.7% niobium, and 0.25% silicon. (relatively hard to work with, but not as strong or stiff as most Ti alloys, so it might work well for suglasses)

Grade 25-6% aluminum, 4% vanadium and 0.3% to 0.8% nickel and 0.04% to 0.08% palladium. (Relatively easy to work with, strong and with good corrosion resistance, probably your best bet as to what X-metal is.)

Grade 33-0.4% nickel, 0.015% palladium, 0.025% ruthenium, and 0.15% chromium. (Very strong, very hard, and high corrosion resistance. Difficult to work with and expensive. Unlikely that this is X-Metal)

Back