• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

I've had too many HEMIs to agree with you...

The 5.7 Eagle engine is stronger compared to the disaster that the 2003 HEMI was, but you can throw any bolt on at it with a tune and you'll get little gains from it...

Like XMan said, it's not junk, it's just slow...

Engine makes @ 320whp and 360wtq...not good at all for the heavy car it's bolted up to...

A cam swap costs an arm and a leg and the gains you get from it are decent, but not great like a GM...

Only big power you can get is to spend @ $10,000 and get a supercharger, but you can't run high boost on it because the ring lands will hate their lives...

I'll never own another 5.7 HEMI unless it's in a car that weighs 3600lbs....

i mean i for the most part agree with you about it compared to other modern cars, but the 2003 was not a disaster. it was extremely strong for it's time. i remember people on the Dakota R/T boards were shocked when they saw time slips from a guy who sold his truck for a 5.7L Hemi Magnum and ran 13.8's off the show room floor at englishtown drag strip back when the hemi cars first came out.

but yes the cost of a cam and supporting mods on a eagle hemi is nuts. another reason i am glad i have the 6.1L in my Charger and the cam swap was so cheap in comparison.

honestly most of the people who have money for a blower on the 5.7 and 6.4 cars are going to be just fine affording forged pistons to avoid the high boost causing the top of the pistons to flake off issue because of the ring lands. i would say they should be dropping in forged pistons for a boosted application even if it wasn't a known issue. people just try to get away with running high boost on stock internals on too many cars in general.

i mean i for the most part agree with you about it compared to other modern cars, but the 2003 was not a disaster. it was extremely strong for it's time. i remember people on the Dakota R/T boards were shocked when they saw time slips from a guy who sold his truck for a 5.7L Hemi Magnum and ran 13.8's off the show room floor at englishtown drag strip back when the hemi cars first came out.

but yes the cost of a cam and supporting mods on a eagle hemi is nuts. another reason i am glad i have the 6.1L in my Charger and the cam swap was so cheap in comparison.

honestly most of the people who have money for a blower on the 5.7 and 6.4 cars are going to be just fine affording forged pistons to avoid the high boost causing the top of the pistons to flake off issue because of the ring lands. i would say they should be dropping in forged pistons for a boosted application even if it wasn't a known issue. people just try to get away with running high boost on stock internals on too many cars in general.
If the 5.7 Eagle didn't have the VVT, you'd see a TON of cam'd HEMIs running around...

It's just so damn hard/expensive to swap sticks, set the phase limiter and THEN find one of the 3 people who are considered HEMI experts to tune the damn thing...

Oh oh, AND THEN, it's still recommended to get long tubes, especially with the garbage stock 5.7 manifolds...

They should have just stuck with the 6.1 on the RT when they dropped the 6.4...

Also, remember from 1998 to 2004 LS1 FBodies and GTO's were running low 13's with just a tire...

High 12's with 3200stall and tire...

LS engines go psychotic with a cam swap and tune...it's so not fair...seen too many cam only LS1's hurt a LOT of feelings in the early 2000's...

Nismo exhaust in. Early observations are what I expect going from the stock Y-Pipe configuration to a larger diameter and H-Pipe. Low-end pull is kinda dropped, but not like it's suddenly concentrated at the top end. Just relatively "smoothed out" for lack of better wording. I've seen dyno charts with a very similar setup overall, and the gains should've been everywhere, but I assume my tune is too biased to the previous exhaust setup. Tuner said it shouldn't be a major difference but I may look into it.

Probably would've gone about this differently if I didn't live in CA and this was a weekend toy more than a DD. Sound really isn't anything to write home about. Might replace the muffler section if I'm really yearning for noise. Otherwise if I want a faster car, I should be saving up for one altogether.

Sticks out a bit more than the regular exhaust. Woop woop.

pM16nDZ.jpg

Wife: it's 23 degrees this morning, watchya wanna do ??
Carlos: let's go make the guys at the detail shop suffer
View attachment 304596

looks nice and shiny. wish it was 23 degrees here. i would wash my truck, but it's 7 degrees. the thing is covered in salt right now :-(

i can't wait for my vacation to Daytona to watch the race in the end of February... i'm tired of working outside in this negitive windchill temperature bs. lol.

Parrot bebop 2.
Actually ended with 2. Mine did a fly away after a firmware update. Literally went full blast due east. Called the company and checked the googles to find out this happens a lot. They sent me a new one. Two days later someone found my drone and my Craigslist lost and found ad. So I got two! Thing landed perfectly then lifted up and hovered for 20 minutes. Sat there for two weeks getting snowed on. The video of the fly away was recoverd.

Back