• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Haha o-bsession has been taken to a new and kinky level!

Seriously though, that's a good idea.

hahaha! all seriousness, its an easy way to routinely clean your sunnies. i do this daily especially when the pair in question had just been for a run/sporting activity and is well sweaty.

i have never had a lens peel on me, and regularly washing the microbag in the same fashion prevents greasy swirls and dust/sand particles that accumulate in the microbag from causing scratches

1. Extreme heat/cold.
2. Salt water/chlorine.
3. Sweat/Oils from your dirty ass face.
4. Hair products.

Was just gonna say this. If you've worn them or touch them and just leave them alone, the chemicals and oils from your body/products can eat away at the coating. A lot of the times it's people putting hairspray/gel on their hair then popping the O's on the top of their heads. It's fine if you clean them after every wear, but if you do that frequently and don't clean enough, the hair products will eat your lens alive

Well, my Gen. 1 M-Frame's lens coating are peeling and I need advice as to what I can do about it. I've already contacted Oakley and seen what they can do so please avoid the "Call Oakley." line. I am intent on fixing it myself.

I'll put up photos as soon as someone tells me how to upload them from my computer.

Well, my Gen. 1 M-Frame's lens coating are peeling and I need advice as to what I can do about it. I've already contacted Oakley and seen what they can do so please avoid the "Call Oakley." line. I am intent on fixing it myself.

I'll put up photos as soon as someone tells me how to upload them from my computer.

Try reading this post:

Hopefully it will help. Just a warning though. It will take off all the coating and any iridium coloring and the lens will just be just the base color. Do not use any kind of polish as it contains abrasives and will scratch the lens.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

When composing a reply there are a bunch of icons above. Third icon, starting from the right is a icon with what looks like a tree. That is where you can post pics. It has to be hosted on something like photobucket though since it will be from a URL.

Hope this helps.

Usually thats just the anti-reflective coating that peels off. Not really that big of a deal...

Back