• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Classifies Sunglasses As "womens" Or "girly"?

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I have noticed that many people wear womens style frames or wear colorways intended for women. My question is though, what's wrong with a womens style or a crazy colorway? In fact, one day a buddy of mine asked if my Crystal Red Jupiters were for girls. I don't see how a color can dictate who the glasses are meant for. I for one enjoy crazy colors so I wear some off the wall stuff, main case being my custom Hijinx in my signature.

Do you guys get judged or hassled for wearing crazy colors deemed as "girly" or wear any womens styles?

I've heard that for the longest time white frames, other than being labeled as a d'bag, was primarily a women's color frame and that guys in general should avoid it.

Didn't stop me from getting my polished white Split Jackets. :D

I do want to say that the curviness of the Hijinx/Antix makes it looks a little more feminine than, say, a Gascan/Fuel Cell/Batwolf/Oil Rig. I guess it's the sharp angles. But that's my personal view. It wouldn't stop me from buying a Hijinx/Antix in any way.

At the end of the day its what you like & what suits that counts. My wife only has one female glass & thes the Disobey, her others are 5 3.0 & 5 squared. Plus she looked better in my Jupiter than i did. So colours or styles are irrelivent. It's what YOU like that matters

Do you guys get judged or hassled for wearing crazy colors deemed as "girly" or wear any womens styles?

6178276177_11147c0772_b.jpg

Case in point - I will most likely be the only guy wearing these because they're Pink Iridium and pink is deemed for women!

At the end of the day its what you like & what suits that counts. My wife only has one female glass & thes the Disobey, her others are 5 3.0 & 5 squared. Plus she looked better in my Jupiter than i did. So colours or styles are irrelivent. It's what YOU like that matters

Very well put Oakley_Sight! Color is so irrelevant in determining gender specific sunglasses. If you like it and it looks good, rock it!

im in the same boat as you batwolf. i think mostly all my pairs are crazy combos. i dont have any dull pairs. i love the crazy color combos.

Back