• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What color is this lens?

Sounds like VR28. It is one of my favorite lens tints, although these days, with all the new stuff, it's getting hard to pick just one.

Okay so just vr28? Not vr28bi. I know there was also a vr28 blue around for a while, but that has a funkier color.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Plain VR28 unpolarized is 28% light transmission, while VR28 BIP is only 10% light transmission. With the plain VR28 you will more easily be able to see your eye due to the lack of iridium coating. While with the VR28 BIP, you might still be able to see your eyes, but it will be more difficult to see them because of the iridium coating. VR28 BIP is better for brighter days while the plain version is probably better on overcast days. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much all. As Captain of my high school team, I'm trying to outfit everyone with custom town colors oakleys. I'll toss up some pics this spring if it all works out (and corporate gets us a hefty discount)

Well, the polished black PB 2 did have VR28 BIP, but the matte black had BIP, and the rootbeer had Tungsten irid, polar. However, I'm not sure how that relates to this discussion about M frames, lol.

Could it be persimmon?

Back