• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do You Guys Think OIH

Well...others could speak to the sales numbers as far as X Metals are concerned, but X Metals are popular among enthusiasts, not the general average buying public-and since Lux has taken over they seem more concerned with cranking out one anonymous looking, cheap to produce O-Matter frame after another as Lux sends Oakley off in the Lifestyle direction more and more while slashing things like the X Metals and Straight Jackets. Fact of the matter is that I believe that the end of X Metals is a cost cutting measure, pure and simple; the company does not want to operate a totally separate facility to produce a line that I suspect has lower profit margins than the O-Matter frames...the pricing structure of the metals harkens back to the late 1990's and early 2000's and Lux started jacking the prices slowly after they took over but they can only do it so much (once you set a floor for pricing you can't just spike it without backlash). As I said before, whatever takes the place of the X Metals I can almost 100% guarantee will be more in price...not Pit Boss level...but the high $400 to low $500 range wouldn't surprise me at all even though what the new models will be made for will likely cost much less to produce.

The Infinite Hero on Oakley.com has gone to "Limited Availabilty"...that's Oakley.com speak for discontinued. If you want one, either snatch some on eBay or call some stores because you're not going to be able to order it through oakley.com any longer. Also, a number of standard X Metal variants (primarly in the Juliet line) have gone to "Temporarily Sold Out" status which may very well indicate THEY won't be available online any longer either...plus all X Metal models have been removed from the Custom program.

Its funny cause IH Juliets are running at their lowest prices in awhile on ebay...$270-$275 range down from $285-$295 range a couple weeks back and $305-$315 range 6 weeks ago....something tells me that won't last.

Back