• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What do you think is the most Underrated Oakley?

I think the Scar is also an underrated design.
I wish I could agree, but the Scar is one of my least favourite for it's uncomfortable fit ("Bat-wing" earstems), and small, truncated orbitals that put a thick, meaty frame in your field of vision.
I gotta go with @Litos on this one; the Hatchet was killed off too early.

Interesting to read some misty-eyed Hatchet Wire love here.
Yeah, bring back O-luminium frames (ahem - despite weak hinge issues)!
Oh, hang on, what's that? They already have? But they made the mistake of calling them the new X-Metals? Oops.

And the Mag range? Yes indeed. Despite the fact that many buyers found the paint finish came off. No, that's why they were poorly rated by some at the time. They're not under-rated, they were fairly rated - as a great-looking pair of sunglasses that had their faults.
Don't get me wrong, I'd like a pair of Mag Switch in the collection too - but under-rated? Nah.

Can't wait to revisit this thread in another couple of years when the whole "THEY'RE NOT X-METALS!!" furore has finally calmed down, we've had a couple of years of product come and go, and folks finally realise that <whisper it> actually the Madman and Badman weren't that bad. Heck - will we by that time be saying "Under-rated Oakleys? My vote is Badman."???

Food for thought.

The Badman. I would say the "true xmetals" like Juliet are overrated on here. They have an alien look to them while the Badman is kinda slick in spite of the blasphemous aluminum material.

Back