1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

These are aftermarket so some will hate them based on just that. I've had great luck with them in the past. Not a cheapo brand either. What do you think?

What Do You Think Of These Ruby Lenses? - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402009268.525369.jpg
    What Do You Think Of These Ruby Lenses? - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402009281.657901.jpg
    What Do You Think Of These Ruby Lenses? - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402009311.993758.jpg
    What Do You Think Of These Ruby Lenses? - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402009325.963229.jpg
    What Do You Think Of These Ruby Lenses? - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402009346.298158.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I don't hate aftermarkets. I just don't trust that they won't screw up my eyes somewhere down the road.

3. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

I've been wearing them for years off and on and my eyesight is still great. Still 20/20. Don't get me wrong, Oakleys are by far the best. But.... When I'm looking for a specific color and Oakley doesn't offer it I will go to a quality aftermarket lens company.

4. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

5. gongtowjai

gongtowjai Oakley Beginner

I have Ruby polars on mine..see my avatar..+red oo has more of a blue/purple hue...I have those on order...what about other colors...jade or violet...

6. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Are they linegear? I like the color and I am looking for some ruby for my x metal juliets

7. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

They're Samvettes.

8. Oakleyezed

Oakleyezed Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Didn't Samvette disappear?

9. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

They were absorbed by someone else but the name is still out there.

10. Oakleyezed

Oakleyezed Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

The real question is who actually made the lenses. I can get local guys to make passable lenses, but to get the quality of Oakley is so much more expensive than getting it from Oakley and adding 50%. All told my end user price would be around $250-$300) Maybe volume one day will change that but as of now Oakley. Yes it would cost double to duplicate any Oakley lens exactly.