• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do You Think When

I LOVE seeing any Oakleys being worn. If I see a nice pair I will make an attempt to talk to the wearer. And nothing makes me happier in the world than someone positively commenting on mine or even asking about them.

Being someone who travels a lot, Alberta (which is where I live) has to be the highest Oakley per capita region anywhere, so seeing someone with Oaks really doesn't garner much attention.

When I get excited is seeing some of the limited edition stuff, X Metal, etc.... it gets old pretty quick seeing Gascan, Gascan, Oil Rig, Flak Jacket, Gascan, Gascan.

I have to say. The past few year there have only been 2 people who have noticed what I wear.

One guy is a person I met who also has a C-6 carbon with prescription lenses in them. I see him about 1-2x per year.

The other was at the Reading PA NHRA Event this past October. He noticed and wanted to confirm they were what they seemed to be. He asked if he could take pics of them and I had no issue with that. Also, what surprised me was he was actually shaking cause he was so surprised to actually see a C-6. It was very cool.

I notice everyone if they are wearing anything oakley and I also see when someone has an O on their car. My thought is could that be an O employee or just a random Oakley fan?

I love seeing people wear rare oaks out. its always a novelty. Like i saw someone wearing valves the other day.. not an expensive pair but you dont see those around...

also saw a tram operator wearing 24K XX's in sydney.. and saw someone actually wearing halfX's too. I met a collector at the Ovault only a few weeks back - he had a TB1 (Cannon red) on his wrist.. he noticed the romeo1's on my head, and the Store assistant had the same SS band holeshot that i was wearing that day..

its cool when people recognise your Oakley gear.. means they're a nutcase like us and a good conversation is about to go down =)

I saw a guy at school with Juliet's on

Saw another kid with 24k XX at school.

And I saw a valet guy yesterday with plasma Juliet on.

Other than that, only gascans/fuel cells/oil rigs/antix.

I like to think they have no idea what they're missing with the vast amount of things Oakley has out there

I rarely, if ever, see people with special Oakleys on. I only know one person that has ever recognized my Oakleys, so it goes both ways.

As for the stickers, they're sold everywhere, so I usually figure that they aren't full-blown fans, but merely putting a O sticker on their car because its the cool thing to do.

Latest Posts

Back