• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Does The Significant Other Think About Your Oakley Glasses?

Good topic s3, mine thinks I'm nuts and doesn't see the need for 30+ pairs of shades. She has way more shoes than I have Oaks so she doesn't complain.

My wife thinks I am turning my office into a Oakley store. She is OK with it as long as I don't talk about it all the time.

my gf has 3 endurings (one of them the cinder/vr28polarised version), a transition crosshair, and a whiteout flak jacket with deep blue polarised. she knows theyre great, haha! but she doesnt like the look of Xmetals and vintage Zeros, which are my favs lol. and of course, she doesnt get why i need 50 pairs (and counting) of sunglasses. ill probably offload some to keep the peace, but i dont have any i can let go of easily :( haha

My wife was initially not impressed with the collection especially as I went from 20 pairs, all of which I wore - to what I have now in a very short time. Now that I've acquired much of my need list I have slowed down significantly and that has helped. She would never admit it, but she's definitely proud of it.

One thing that really helps is that it truly is an investment. I never plan on selling, but if push came to shove and it needed to happen - it could.

Sounds like a lot of peoples' saviour is shoes, but unfortunately (or fortunately) my wife really isn't into the whole shoe scene.

i agree on the investment part. especially Xmetals retain their value well, and appreciate over time. i have a couple mint-in-boxes that i keep as pure investment, and the others that i use, i take extremely good care of. 95% of my collection is in at least equal condition to what it was when i got it, and a good 60% is actually better than i received it.

My wife currently has 9 pairs. I personally think she has a problem....... She blames me...... I dont see how???

As long as Kim has a fresh pair to wear and something new from time to time... it seems to be OK for now. She also understands the investment side and the "trade up" concept.

Back