• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What fills your glass?

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
Founders All Day IPA. 4.7% ABV, 42IBUs.

Super mild IPA. Definitely a fitting name.
uploadfromtaptalk1439169832376.jpg

Founders All Day IPA. 4.7% ABV, 42IBUs.

Super mild IPA. Definitely a fitting name.
View attachment 172203

Yeah I don't know if you're already familiar with the term but if not, a "session" beer is designed to let you drink a lot of them in a single sitting without getting too full or wasted. With IPAs, that usually means lower ABV. I've also run into a session stout by Brooklyn Brewery in NY; had the flavor of a stout without all the heaviness...

Yeah I don't know if you're already familiar with the term but if not, a "session" beer is designed to let you drink a lot of them in a single sitting without getting too full or wasted. With IPAs, that usually means lower ABV. I've also run into a session stout by Brooklyn Brewery in NY; had the flavor of a stout without all the heaviness...
I was vaguely familiar with it which is why I went with the IPA. They are usually so strong and hopped up that I was curious to know if a weaker version would be decent. Turned out to be quite good actually.

I'm really starting to get on the @Rustpot line of thinking that more beers should feature the IBUs right on the bottle. That's one reason I got so many different things from Founders yesterday. They all feature ABV and IBU right on the label. I was actually shocked to see that the Imperial Stout I posted last night was higher IBU than a lot of the IPAs the store sold.

It was an interesting little self experiment noticing how much more pronounced the bitter flavors were after I knew they were there and started looking for them. Looking back I suppose I've always noticed the bitterness which is why the stouts I drink are usually oatmeal or chocolate versions to mellow it out, I had just never consciously connected it.

TL;DR- More beers should feature IBUs on the label.

I'm really starting to get on the @Rustpot line of thinking that more beers should feature the IBUs right on the bottle. That's one reason I got so many different things from Founders yesterday. They all feature ABV and IBU right on the label. I was actually shocked to see that the Imperial Stout I posted last night was higher IBU than a lot of the IPAs the store sold.

It was an interesting little self experiment noticing how much more pronounced the bitter flavors were after I knew they were there and started looking for them. Looking back I suppose I've always noticed the bitterness which is why the stouts I drink are usually oatmeal or chocolate versions to mellow it out, I had just never consciously connected it.

TL;DR- More beers should feature IBUs on the label.
I agree.

And another note, I need to turn on alerts for being tagged.

Back