• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Happens When...

HunterX

Oakley Beginner
Texas
... Oakley stops repairing x-metals? I have been wanting to add some to my collection but the more research I do the more this question keeps bothering me. I would love to own a pair to wear once and awhile and display. If Oakley stops repairing these then they pretty much turn into eye candy... Thoughts?

The X-Squared is fairly easy to fix yourself so that is an option. The others are more difficult, but it is still possible. That said if you are careful to take them on and off proerly there shold be no need. My first pair of Juliets, and most commonly worn pair of X-metals have lasted 7 years and are only slightly loose.

Consider the fact that it already occurs with other models now. From wire frames, o-matters, magnesiums, o-luminums, and vintage x metals like the Romeo 1. There will be a frame part or lens that you need that Oakley will no longer have available for purchase. But they will give you a 25% discount towards a new purchase. Even some of their watches, they don't have parts for them and you are opted for buying something else.

Buying an xmetal frame now is probably better then waiting as the price will go up. Buy them as a weekend pair and be careful with them and they will last.

I'm sure 3rd party services will pop up that can do the repairs. If someone did it right they could have themselves a nice niche in the market.

Thanks for the responses wheels are already turning in my head that i am pretty sure I won't be able to stop. Just want to touch all the bases first.

Be careful if you're considering buying used. Individual's opinions can vary greatly when it comes to describing conditions, tightness, wear and tear, etc.. I'm not saying to refrain completely from buying used, just be careful. One person's "tight as new" may actually be "loose and used" to you, and vice versa.

rebuilds

... Oakley stops repairing x-metals? I have been wanting to add some to my collection but the more research I do the more this question keeps bothering me. I would love to own a pair to wear once and awhile and display. If Oakley stops repairing these then they pretty much turn into eye candy... Thoughts?

im working on it as we speak,doing a pair of pennys with new rubber and pins.if it works out ill do em for ya.

Latest Posts

Back