• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Happens When...

What is the "proper" way to put them on as mentioned here?

Since the X Metals have a curvature to them, if you were to put them on like regular straight stem sunglasses by stretching the earstems out to put them on, you put added pressure/wear and tear on flex coupler (nosebridge). By pulling them on and off over the top of your head, this decreases the amount of flex/stress you put on the flex couplers.

I've done it this way since my first pair of Juliets. It hurt to put them on/take them off by the traditional method since i have a med/large face.

I also forgot to add that there is no official/proper way to put on or take off sunglasses. It just so happens that the over the head method doesn't flex the frame as much. It's not like it's an official Oakley recommendation :lol:

I've been using the goggle method for years and it works VERY well to extend the life of the metals between tunes. That aside, once Oakley does stop with tune ups (and they will eventually) people will have all sorts of methods for tightening from fine wire that you wrap the into the nosebridge to tighten it, to fusing to people who will perfect a system of tightening themselves.

Eyeglass repairs

... Oakley stops repairing x-metals? I have been wanting to add some to my collection but the more research I do the more this question keeps bothering me. I would love to own a pair to wear once and awhile and display. If Oakley stops repairing these then they pretty much turn into eye candy... Thoughts?

Asterix Eyewear does repairs on sunglasses. They're located in Portland, OR, but you can mail in your sunglasses and they usually have a pretty quick turnaround time.

Latest Posts

Back