• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What have i just bought?

well.. its boxless.. but my second juliet now... 3 weeks ago i was saying i would never do the the x metal thing... got one for a crazy deal and now im onto my second in three weeks.........

well.. its boxless.. but my second juliet now... 3 weeks ago i was saying i would never do the the x metal thing... got one for a crazy deal and now im onto my second in three weeks.........
Sounds about right, I think many members metal collections started in a similar fashion. Once you start... its hard to stop:crazy:!

The good thing about 4th gens is without a serial or SKU indicating what colour lenses should be installed, you can go with any of the OEM options without it being "wrong". The custom lenses I have often go into 4ths for the same reason, though 5th gen OCP frames work too as they only have the size, not an SKU.

hmmm... well.. they may well be 5th generation then, as apparently the number "15" is on the frame somewhere... so im guessing thats the size? and maybe why the fella didnt know what a coin was as some OCP came less the coin?? is this right???
@BHarry so true!!!.... i did the same with monster dogs........started buying oakleys with no structure.. just saw something i liked and bought it.... got a monster dog whisky frame..........that frame is now gone.... but 16 (hopefully 17/18 soon) monster dogs later....gascans to... dont like them, to square..... now i have 5.........fuel cells... to big......now i have 3..... but juliets are going to be harder on the wallet i can just tell.. hahaha..

@pjd1234 thank you, and @kronin323 thats awesome... ok... so... when i get this i can expect the 15 size t shocks in them... i have some 2nd gen carbons and i think they had 15 and 25 as spares... pretty excited to receive them now.... now... what colour lenses to use..... (i'm going to assume they are not perfect, but maybe they will be ...) i will have the option of Gold iridium, titanium, and fire.... and two frames... plasma and carbon... maybe the gold in the carbon and the titanium in the plasma?? or maybe the other way around..... or maybe i need to find another frame so im not wasting a lens;)

IMO plasma goes with everything / every lens, so I would base the decision more on base tint and light trans %, on which lens fills a gap in those criteria in your current set of wearables.

For example, gold and fire are both contrast base tints but fire has a lower trans %, would be better for brighter conditions. But if you already have several pairs covering brighter conditions, maybe you'd want Gold to better suit partly cloudy conditions. Or vice versa...

Back