1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I've been laying low from buying glasses lately. Besides being a bit stalled on where the collection is going to go I've had other hobbies come hard and Christmas presents for the family I've been buying.

With the recent events in the US the public has been going a bit crazy and buying up all the guns and parts in anticipation for a possible impending ban. I'll admit I moved up some purchases that weren't planned for a while so that I could be sure of getting them now and not being hindered when springtime comes and the ranges open and competitions start again.

Close to $3,000 in getting two full new rifles, optics, lights, ammo, mags, and miscellaneous junk. Thank god for the Christmas bonus from work and insurance covering a lot of my medical bills from earlier this month. The bad part is I'm pretty low on ammo and I still need some items that are either ridiculously overpriced due to the frenzy or completely out of stock everywhere. So that number might be closer to $4k by the end of January.

So has anyone gone on a spending spree for anything other than glasses? New cars or big purchases for Christmas or just because?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

My wifes christmas gift to me was a new home theater. I picked up two towers, center, and sub. Moving my current towers to the rear. All Klipsch gear. Waiting on FedEx to drop it off tomorrow. Rather excited about it too.

3. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Picked up an SR-22 today, just about sold out everywhere down here and at least 1-3 months to order one.

4. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

guns and ammo for me and of course Christmas stuff for the wife and family

5. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

Shopping spree for my wife and tons of imaginext toys for my kid!

6. Seabrook

Seabrook Oakley Beginner

Christmas stuff for the girlfriend and family, and a quarter of tuition for school. Fun stuff right

7. mellman

mellman Oakley Beginner

Guns & Ammo...Wish I'd have purchased more before, but I'm getting married in 4 months so been saving money for that. Happy wife...Happy life...so they say!

8. stevan5150

stevan5150 Oakley Enthusiast

Shoes and shades lol

9. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

Trying to get $ for Las Vegas 10th anniversary trip in April....

10. nyhokie

nyhokie Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

I am currently saving up for a trip to south east Asia in early spring. Will be my first time in this part of the world.