• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Have You Been Spending Your Money On Besides Oakley Recently?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I've been laying low from buying glasses lately. Besides being a bit stalled on where the collection is going to go I've had other hobbies come hard and Christmas presents for the family I've been buying.

With the recent events in the US the public has been going a bit crazy and buying up all the guns and parts in anticipation for a possible impending ban. I'll admit I moved up some purchases that weren't planned for a while so that I could be sure of getting them now and not being hindered when springtime comes and the ranges open and competitions start again.

Close to $3,000 in getting two full new rifles, optics, lights, ammo, mags, and miscellaneous junk. Thank god for the Christmas bonus from work and insurance covering a lot of my medical bills from earlier this month. The bad part is I'm pretty low on ammo and I still need some items that are either ridiculously overpriced due to the frenzy or completely out of stock everywhere. So that number might be closer to $4k by the end of January.

So has anyone gone on a spending spree for anything other than glasses? New cars or big purchases for Christmas or just because?

My wifes christmas gift to me was a new home theater. I picked up two towers, center, and sub. Moving my current towers to the rear. All Klipsch gear. Waiting on FedEx to drop it off tomorrow. Rather excited about it too.

Christmas stuff for the girlfriend and family, and a quarter of tuition for school. Fun stuff right

Guns & Ammo...Wish I'd have purchased more before, but I'm getting married in 4 months so been saving money for that. Happy wife...Happy life...so they say!

I am currently saving up for a trip to south east Asia in early spring. Will be my first time in this part of the world.

Back