• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is A Good Complimentry Lens If You Already Have Black I

Re: What is a good complimentry lens if you already have bla

If your looking for something on the other end of the spectrum, I would say G30 is a good choice. I like the brightness and contrast it adds to an overcast day. In the end it comes down to personal preference, but good thing is we know Oakley has given us many choices to choose from.

For me it depends on the frame and color combo, sorry but I didn't notice that you have put a frame type or frame color in the equation. Did I miss something?

If the OP wants something comparable to black ridium, but just wants more contrast, G30 is NOT a lens they'd want. It's good for overcast days yeah, but you'll be squinting like a mofo if there's any sort of sunshine out.

Personally, I think a contrasting lens with compliments to the black iridium is ruby iridium. The blue tint "dims" the exterior light in my opinion very well. I have always liked ruby over fire because of the blue tint as opposed to that green.

VR28 Black Iridium will not provide the same amount of darkness as Black Iridium, ever. None of those lenses will actually. If you mean light transmission rate, then yes, but those are all high contrast lenses and will brighten everything up rather than darken it. And VR28 Black only belongs in that list if it's polarized.

Depends whether you want a lense for sport use,, like cycling, running etc or just fancy another lense? Whats the point in buying a lense that is around the same transmission rating as Black irid Polar (9%) apart from increased contrast.?

AND also, Whoever said that Polarized is a tint is very wrong..

I have to say the more and more I wear my Fire Iridium lense the more I like them. For so long I stayed away from anything that wasnt grey or black iridium bc I didnt want the colors to be distorted. But they actually make the colors pop. Especially when its really bright outside. It looks amazing. And even though they aren't polarized they do a really good job of reducing glare. Actually when I take them off I think wow everything looks dull now lol

Ruby Rocks. Sorry. Fire is too "Gas station". ;) Ruby IS a really niche color. lots of folks love it. Lots of folks hate it.

If you're looking for just plain contrast enhancement, in my experience, nothing beats yellow or Hi Yellow if you want the blue reflective look. BUT, it's a pretty use specific lens. In otherwords, you can't wear it all the time. SUnny days, you'd go blind. but cloudy, indoors, at night, under the lights (ball field at night), NOTHING beats yellow. Some guys prefer persimmon, but in my experience it's too dark to use shooting indoors, and it's a bit flat for under the lights.

Having those two (BI and Hi Yellow), you'd have 90% of situations covered.

D

Back