• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is an Oakley Training Kit with UV Flashlight used for?

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Does anyone know what this Oakley set is used for (and what is it worth)?

Am I right to assume it was used by Reps to demonstrate the various lens types and resilience?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yep.

The UV Flashlight was only ever issued to Senior Reps in the OCG (Oakley Covert Group) Those guys would use all their issued equipment to break into other Corporate offices like RayBan and Persol and plant evidence of corruption and racketeering. Lux put an end to all that sneaky stuff though.

Okay, I fabricated everything but the "Yep". Cool little kit you got there. Will make a nice display!
:)

The UV flashlight could have been used to demo photo-chromatic lenses although I do not see one in the kit.

The UV flashlight could have been used to demo photo-chromatic lenses although I do not see one in the kit.

Looks like there is an Inova UV light on the lower left. We have UV lights at work and they can both be used to show that the lenses stop UV light (one needs something that glows under UV light as well) and some lens tints remove most of the visible blueish/purple light making it easier to see substances that glow under UV light (I mostly use persimmon, but a yellow and a few other tints work as well)

The UV lights came out when Oakley started using the Transition lenses to show customers the darking effect. Then they could demonstrate it at anytime of the day.

Back