• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Best Lens For Low Light (dusk) Riding?

These are probably the pair that I wear the most, Kronin. While it is true that they are not that effective while driving due to the native UV protection in automobile glass, if I'm wearing them in a car I take them off and hold them out my sunroof for a few seconds to turn them.
I'm wearing them today and wore them yesterday afternoon when it got too dark for the emeralds that I was wearing.
Any day that prospects to be an overcast day or will fluctuate, these are what I wear because they range from VR50 to VR28 and any tint in between.
I don't find that they don't turn much in an automobile to be much of an issue because they can be turned by lowering a window or opening a sunroof.
Honestly the best chops that I have ever had done because of their versatility and Infinite Hero chopped them saving the unique "Transitions" etching:
1473-1400208978-61ce5be2857e9c63c1190e2f99a29895.jpg

1475-1400209085-ae645b2c2c5bd8f308edf960fec56596.jpg

Oh yeah I've said it before but I'll say it again - those are beautiful...

They are slower to turn lighter than they are to turn darker IMHO.

Yeah, that's my experience this week wit my new Flak clear/black lenses. You've got me interested in those tinted transitions but looks like I'd have to get them as a replacement lens for the half jacket... so expensive as I don't have a half jacket already. Maybe for Christmas...!

Just received my G30 BI replacement Flak lenses and I know this isn't newsworthy and old G30 BI users will shrug, but I have to say how fantastic this lens is. The color is a subdued version of the VR28 and it makes all the difference. I still get that just entered fairy land feeling but lighter, mellower. The contrast brings a sharpness and zing to a dull, overcast day. I like this lens tint so much, when I arrived at the office I couldn't get off my bike and just rode round the block a few times to enjoy the view :)

Oakley, thank you!

Latest Posts

Back