1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. o8b

o8b Oakley Beginner

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what makes Shoe One such a big deal, other than the fact that it's a cool-looking shoe? I think I remember reading somewhere that Jim considered Shoe One to be one of Oakley's greatest achievements (I could be wrong about that -- I'm going from memory), but I can't find ANY info about it on Google. Can anyone fill me in?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Jim posted about it here somewhere. It was the biggest engineering/design project they did I believe. One of Jim's top projects with the company... and a total flop.

3. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Carbon fiber, kevlar, superbike-inspired tread, etc. There is a thread as Rustpot said from Jim himself about his contention that no Oakley collection is complete without a (L)NIB Shoe One.

DrMike likes this.
  4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I think this is what your referring to.

5. Oakley shoe nut

Oakley shoe nut Oakley Beginner

I reckon if re released, they may take off. But saying that, if that happen, the people who have these in the collection wouldn't be happy.

6. o8b

o8b Oakley Beginner

Cool guys, thanks for the info...sounds like it would be a cool shoe to wear!

7. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

I disagree----If they came out again, that would make the ORIGINAL 1st Gens go up in value tremendously. At this point, no one hardly even knows they exist. Maybe I am wrong though.....

MJLSr and greg like this.
  8. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

Does anyone know what the original colors were, we have all seen the yellow ones in @Dallas O Hog hog pen, I also seen the black one. Was their anymore color ways???

9. mercbezerk

mercbezerk Unicorn Chaser Premium Member Lifetime Member

There was also a graphite / silver pair along with the yellow and black. Just the three (3) total in the high tops and there was a white one in the lows, totaling four (4) pairs.
    What Is The Deal With Shoe One? - xfek.jpg

10. Mdgustaf

Mdgustaf Oakley Expert Premium Member

Dr. Chop, I believe, has a few of these for sale that have been signed by the big JJ himself! Check out his website for more info!