• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the "Holy Grail" of Oakley Sunglasses?

I think it's a pretty subjective answer; it's really an individual basis. For me, my grail pairs would be:
Aluminum C-Six
24k Juliet
Pit Boss 1

I guess I dont aim as high, or dont know better, but I would say mine is Polished X Squared with VR28 Pol. lenses. I have seen them just in pictures.
I think that is a great look!

Just like "best lens", there is no such thing as "the holy grail" - it all depends on the individual. For me, I guess it would have to be one of the factory prototype Juliets, provided it had watertight provenance.

Well you can look at it as something you have been looking for or that was hard to get, until after you get it, then you find another grail you want, and then another, and another, so on and so on, I guess that makes my whole collection a Grail :tongue:

Now I have to search for a new Grail :lol:

No elite icon????o_O

The first PB1 did not have an elite icon. It had the elliptical icon instead. Since that pair was a prototype. Unfortunately I can't back out the photo as the "owner" of them would be a bit upset. I can't recall the story behind how it changed to the elite icon. I do know the the TI plates were super expensive and made overseas. There was much that went into the geometry of the plate to make it what it is today. That I can confirm, as a designer at Oakley talked about them at an event.

Last edited:
Back