• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is This Called And Where Can I Get It??

oakleygirl38

Oakley Beginner
I bought this bag eight years ago, the zips of both compartment have been ripped, I wanted to buy a new one four years ago but I could not find it anywhere, I really like this bag and it's hardshell, it's so unique and tough and perfect for my laptop.

And anyone know what it's called and where can I get one?

I live in Australia, Sydney. I am not interested in the newer Kitchen Sink models, I just want this one, I think this one has the most hardshell and keeps the bag in shape.

CameraZOOM-20140308124124482_zps9a6c0fee.jpg

That is the hardshell backpack. That is about 8-10 years old.... The closest one now would be the Tron version but your gonna pay big dollars for that version. As afar as I know, they dont make the hardshell version any longer... BTW, who's toes are creeping in on that pic??? :biggrin:

Why would they stop making this bag? This one should be a classic.

How hard would it be to replace the zips?

Why would they stop making this bag? This one should be a classic.

How hard would it be to replace the zips?

The bag was awesome, but like anything else, change comes along and, poof !....... New stuff...... As for the zippers, I suggest taking it to a cobbler or someone that does saddles and such.

Last edited:
So what is the current bag that's closest to my bag (does not have to be Oakley)? I don't want to pay $$$, I bought my bag in mint condition for $70 AUD on eBay.

They still sell hardshell backpacks on eBay, now and then, that go for 100 or so that are hardshell backpacks by Oakley, they are not the full hardshell like the one you have, search Oakley Hardshell backpack on Google and you can see pictures of it. They come in gray and black.

You might be able to find one on eBay, it may be a while, they don't come up too often. The newer Oakley version only has side plates and isn't full shell like yours. You can look at AXIO hardshell packs, might be pricey. The newer Oakley hardshell may still be found, but more than likely your pay full retail ($175.00 USD).

This exact bag sold for $40 & $81 on eBay last month..... So they do pop up from time to time....

Last edited:
Back