• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is this? Newbie question...

The whole thing is fake.

• the case is shaped weird
• the microfiber bag is too big
• radarlocks typically come with one extra set of lenses, certain pairs may have 2/3 but not 4
• lenses aren't wrapped in plastic like that when they are additional with the glasses

• the strap is way off
• the icon has a metal flake paint job, not OEM

Did I miss anything?

They are very good fakes though. What does the label on the box say? Can you post a pic of that?

Pretty much nailed anything that could be spotted in the pics. I think the nosepiece might be a bit different from the real thing too. For OP's follow-up response, the bold really put the writing on the wall, some of which is a recurring theme with fakes.

Don't mean to add insult to injury, but my first Oakley was a Radarlock in this colorway at a swap meet for $100. Considering it was the last one, actually still new, seemed to have exceptional optics (based off my experience with RP), and I didn't care for the bag/case/extra lens given half price....I had to bite. Soon after I got so paranoid; couldn't believe how well the fakes went with serial printing and proper Switchlock function because this was still like 2012 when the pair just came out. Even the hue for the Ice Iridium could be matched pretty well. I had to go to the store and compare mine to another real one myself. Lucky for me to find it was legit, but I'd never jump in like that again.

There are folks on Flee bay that have spent well over a grand on fake Oakley's and Ebay is notified and do nothing about it. Many probably never realize they bought fakes, if they are good fakes, that is until they come here, lol!!! I don't recommend buying off Flee bay for anyone. Unless you really know what you are buying. You can usually save a bunch of cash if you wait and pick them up on the forum.

If they are such good looking fakes, all is not lost. They are perfect for wearing water skiing, on the ocean (if you live near one), or for wearing at a mud run or any other activity where you want to look good, wear something (although you may not get the UV eye protection you'd like) to block the bright sun or flying mud/dirt, and where you don't want to risk a good pair of "real" and "costly" Oakleys.

Not only is the microbag too big it is also an older style bag that predates radarlocks.

With regards the hard case OEM case do not have a belt clip. Most fakes do have the belt clip. The only OEM cases I know of with a belt clip are for Ballistic M frames.

I was told they were a prototype.

I wouldn't get my hopes up because the rest of the package is consistent with fakes, as well as very inconsistent with what Oakley usually offers.

Like, there are fake Jawbreakers out there and the lens swapping mech as well as stem mechs work like the real thing.

Not only is the microbag too big it is also an older style bag that predates radarlocks.

With regards the hard case OEM case do not have a belt clip. Most fakes do have the belt clip. The only OEM cases I know of with a belt clip are for Ballistic M frames.
Ya know, not to generalize or anything, but the only people I have only ever noticed wearing sunglass holders on their belt via clips are engineers, and tourists from the Asian continent. Since so many fakes are made in China (and not at IBM)... Well, just supposing a logical deduction here.

Back