• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Your "go-to" Pair?

I agree about the Splits. I have 4 frames and quite a few lenses, but I was I had stocked up on a couple more lenses while they were still easy to find.
I wish I would have stocked up on more lenses but I am ok with Fire, Ice, Black and G40.

I've been a little interested in the Split Jackets, will maybe pick up one someday. I like how you can refit them with that wind gasket kit.
I recommend them. The fit is great to me considering they are smaller than the Jawbones and Racing Jacket. The gasket is a nice touch if you ever need it. I have not used it yet.

I recommend them. The fit is great to me considering they are smaller than the Jawbones and Racing Jacket.

That's why I'm leaning towards them over the JB/RJ - I have high cheekbones and have a problem with larger lenses hitting them. For example, the Gascan fits perfectly, while I cannot even try to wear the similar Fuel Cell - they completely sit on my cheekbones so high that the nosebridge doesn't even come close to touching my nose... :confused:

I wish I would have stocked up on more lenses but I am ok with Fire, Ice, Black and G40.

I think my current Split sets are Fire vented, 2xG40s, yellow vented, clear, OO BIP vented, Grey and VR28 Polarized and Black iridium. I think I'll look for G30 (vented) and maybe VR28 BI and maybe a spare or two. I might cut a few sets if I find suitable donors on sale (Big Tacos be scared :cool:)

I think my current Split sets are Fire vented, 2xG40s, yellow vented, clear, OO BIP vented, Grey and VR28 Polarized and Black iridium. I think I'll look for G30 (vented) and maybe VR28 BI and maybe a spare or two. I might cut a few sets if I find suitable donors on sale (Big Tacos be scared :cool:)

I really like Split Jackets too. But polarized lenses are getting hard to find. Would love to get OO BIP, VR28 BIP, OO Red Polar, OO Blue Polar, and +Red Polar.

I wish I could find some donor lenses but they already are a big frame so I don't know what would work?

I really like Split Jackets too. But polarized lenses are getting hard to find. Would love to get OO BIP, VR28 BIP, OO Red Polar, OO Blue Polar, and +Red Polar.
I remember when I saw a set of Clear Gold Iridium lenses for sale on ebay. I regret waiting too long to buy them as I haven't seen them for sale at all anymore.

Mostly the Big Taco, but it makes QLR1 sad so I try not to kill to many of them... Non vented Jawbone and Racing jacket lenses work as well. I got a custom Split jacket set NIB with OO BIP and Fire a while back for $72, but not many polarized lenses out there I think.

OO Red Polar, OO Blue Polar would be sweet, but I haven't seen any for sale

Latest Posts

Back