• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Your Internet Speed?

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
Beat this for crappy speed, I am on an oil rig in India, our back up system are carrier pigeons which sometimes get to their destination before an email.

2703681701.png

Charter Cable paying for 15mb down and 3mb up. This one is high today...generally get mid 20's. Using Motorola surfboard modem and netgear wireless router.

he9yqeqe.jpg

For me Download speed-20.047mbps Upload speed-6.043mbps I checked my internet speed by What do you think about my internet speed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, another Zombie thread, but an interesting one... kinda.

All right, on my laptop with a wireless-n connection:
speed.png

My wireless router supports ac but my only ac device is my S5. From about twice the distance as the laptop, it got slightly higher speeds - 54.00 down & 5.98 up. Which doesn't really mean anything - the service I'm getting is supposed to be 50 down / 5 up. And it does well enough.

But if / when google fiber hits my neighborhood, I'm gobbling that sh!t up...

EDIT - Dyeraudio makes a good point; the load of devices on your network can have an impact. 15 misc devices on mine.

Last edited:
I get around 100 plugged into my router and about 50 wireless. This test was done upstairs, Master BR with the door closed.....the router in downstairs in the kitchen....I'm running 5 iPhones, 4 Roku boxes and 3 laptops off my router. Not bad.... About the ONLY thing Comcast can get right.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412131859.873834.jpg

Back