• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Juliet frame finish is this?

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
IMGA0636.JPG
IMGA0637.JPG

Yeah, me too. Just wondered if there was an outside chance this could be dark looking plasma (late gen). There's nothing on the stems - no SKU, no serial...

Too rough a finish for plasma?

Not an x-metal expert but it looks xmetal finish to me also

Last edited:
Yeh a bit rough but too dark IMO the later gen Plasma is smooth and kinda shiny

Here's a couple of pics of my 4th gen Plasma for comparison

DSC5513_copy.jpg

DSC5514_copy.jpg

Yeah - it's clearly an X-Metal! Thanks for responding guys. It was sold to me as XMetal so can't complain but annoyingly the box it came in is labeled Ice/Plasma and the photo in the ad didn't show the label on the box. I feel slightly tricked. I bet this happens a lot!

Anyone wanna buy a Plasma Ice box? Or sell me a plasma / ice without box :)

Yeh happened to me recently to bought what has advertised and a unused as new in box pair (2nd Gen serialised plasma) turned up thinking i'd have a matching box...........nope x-metal/black iridium label on the box :rolleyes: oh well frame and lenses were in great condition which is my main concern

Yeh happened to me recently to bought what has advertised and a unused as new in box pair (2nd Gen serialised plasma) turned up thinking i'd have a matching box...........nope x-metal/black iridium label on the box :rolleyes: oh well frame and lenses were in great condition which is my main concern

Good attitude. Philosophical. But in an auction, don't you bid higher if you think it's matching? I know I do! Feel slightly annoyed but hopefully it's made me wiser.

First world problems, eh?!

Yeh I did message the guy and let him know I was disappointed that he didn't mention the box didn't match in the listing as I probably wouldn't have paid quite as much as I did but at the end of the day I was after the frame/lenses and not much I can do.

first world problem indeed :lolsign:

Latest Posts

Back