• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Juliet Lenses Next?

Hirotek has been selling Ichiros of different varieties for several years on eBay along with grenades and bobs. I suspect that he is reproducing those resin pieces but that is just an unfounded suspicion.
This pair is actually at the least expensive that I have seen him offer this colorway for. It is a great colorway for sure but before I'd spend $1200 I'd probably do a clone.

Thanks, i wasn't aware of the history of the seller but they did look "serious" IYGWIM. The difficulty seems to be in obtaining the polished carbon frame with hammerstem arms. If i could get a set of those then i wouldn't care about the lenses or associated docs/box.

Really? At the current exchange ratio of about 60% ($1 usd = £.60) that seems to work better for you in the UK than we here in the US. So today $500 USD = £297. Are taxes that high? God Bless the USA!

Yeah the US prices do look cheap to us, that's why i have so many of the US auctions "watched" on ebay :D

The problem is the unknown and unpredictable shipping costs, even though i don't believe there should be any because they're 2nd hand. They tend to impound randomly and then check and put on a tax you have to pay, unless all the customs documents are bang-on in which case they'll take face-value. You get quite a few people marking imports are "Gift" with $10 value ;)

The difficulty is that because of the shipping costs and customs hassle (which in reality shouldn't be that bad for the seller) quite a few US folk don't want the hassle shipping to the UK. The same is true for European sellers, it can be a hassle to send to the US. :(

I saw a friend over the weekend who had his polished carbon Juliets (Ichiro serialized proper "IS..."). I was wearing my recently completed clones and we did a little show and tell. Aside from mine being a hair darker (gloss black, not polished brown) and offsetting the rubbers a bit more there was/is not a lot of difference. The gloss paint did well on the clone and you had to get up right in front of it to really see the difference in the saturation of the frame. From a frame perspective both pairs are still pretty darn tight, relatively new lenses and rubbers, so the comparison seemed fair.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjlsr/sets/72157644331267689

...Oh yeah, and there is that small but financially significant point that I could do 3 pairs of mine for what he paid for his. If I do another I'll consider dulling down the gloss black in the next one to get a hint of that brownish-hue in there - or not, as I found the black to be quite impressive.

Thanks for those photos!

The different is quite obvious to me but to be fair the photos are very close and clear and i think they're a pretty good attempt at a match.

If you could make the colour of yours as you say, smooth out the ripples and increase the gloss i think they'd be even closer!

Back