• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Lens Tint Is This?

You don't think these are the least bit similar?

IMAG0326.jpg

PersimmonJuliet.jpg

Hi,

First time poster so be easy with me:smile: Also apologies if I am digging up an oldish thread but, I have been planning to pick up a pair of Fast Jackets for the last few weeks and have seen a decent price on the same combo as the OP - Blue Iridium and Jade Iridium with the silver frame. My question is, are the two lenses pretty similar strength wise? They look very similar on paper.
My other (slightly more expensive) option is a pair of black frames with Black Iridium and Persimmon. I live in Ireland so sun is definitely not exactly a common occurance so I am a little worried that the Black iridium lenses would be overkill for my climate and really only be useful for when I go on holidays to warmer climates.

I will predominantly use the glasses when driving and so think the Jade and Blue Iridium may be good options, but am just worried that they are too similar a lens. Unfortunately I havent been able to find both lenses in a store to try out.

My other option is to order online from Oakley and choose my own lenses but the price really shoots up with this option. Id really appreciate any feedback from anyone who has experience with both lenses or would have any suggestions for my slightly vague brief.

Hi,

First time poster so be easy with me:smile: Also apologies if I am digging up an oldish thread but, I have been planning to pick up a pair of Fast Jackets for the last few weeks and have seen a decent price on the same combo as the OP - Blue Iridium and Jade Iridium with the silver frame. My question is, are the two lenses pretty similar strength wise? They look very similar on paper.
My other (slightly more expensive) option is a pair of black frames with Black Iridium and Persimmon. I live in Ireland so sun is definitely not exactly a common occurance so I am a little worried that the Black iridium lenses would be overkill for my climate and really only be useful for when I go on holidays to warmer climates.

I will predominantly use the glasses when driving and so think the Jade and Blue Iridium may be good options, but am just worried that they are too similar a lens. Unfortunately I havent been able to find both lenses in a store to try out.

My other option is to order online from Oakley and choose my own lenses but the price really shoots up with this option. Id really appreciate any feedback from anyone who has experience with both lenses or would have any suggestions for my slightly vague brief.

Welcome to the forum! One suggestion that may help. If you have a smartphone and want to "see" through all the different lenses Oakley has to offer, there is an app called "Oakleyview" and it lets you choose different conditions and it suggest lenses for those conditions. You can also change the lenses to see what would be more appealing to you. It actually comes fairly close to the real world environments.

If you can, take a look at that app and see if it helps. :)

Myself, I use black iridium polarized on the brighter days and grey polarized on the not so bright days when it's cloudy or later in the day.

Welcome to the forum! One suggestion that may help. If you have a smartphone and want to "see" through all the different lenses Oakley has to offer, there is an app called "Oakleyview" and it lets you choose different conditions and it suggest lenses for those conditions. You can also change the lenses to see what would be more appealing to you. It actually comes fairly close to the real world environments.

If you can, take a look at that app and see if it helps. :)

Myself, I use black iridium polarized on the brighter days and grey polarized on the not so bright days when it's cloudy or later in the day.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the welcome and also thank you for the suggestion of the "oakleyview" app. Im using a windows phone and there doesnt appear to be a version for it.
However I see that there is an ios version so I can download that on to my iPad later and have a look:smile:

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the welcome and also thank you for the suggestion of the "oakleyview" app. Im using a windows phone and there doesnt appear to be a version for it.
However I see that there is an ios version so I can download that on to my iPad later and have a look:smile:

You're welcome. I'm hoping it helps give a better insight as to what lens may be better. I've played with the app and I think it comes fairly close. :thumb:
Let us know what ya think. :)

You're welcome. I'm hoping it helps give a better insight as to what lens may be better. I've played with the app and I think it comes fairly close. :thumb:
Let us know what ya think. :)

Hi Frank,

Downloaded and tried the app. While its pretty cool, the iOS version at least seems to have limited lense choices. It has helped confirm to me though at least that black iridium lenses would be too dark for me, due to where I live.

I really wish I could get my hands on both the Blue and Jade Iridium to compare them. I may head to a sunglasses hut and see if I can find them in any sort of frames they have just to get an idea of them.

Back